Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 02:04 PM

Re: Are we really Overpopulated?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sometimes we have got to accept that the place where some people live is just not suitable for human habitation Donkeyman, and with all the best will in the world, throwing money at it and building pumps is just postponing the inevitable. And in places like that there is nothing else to do for the locals except procreate. The last thing on their minds would be contraception.

I know that sounds cruel but something has got to be done and if life cannot be supported there no amount of help is going to change that. And maybe there are a lot of children born there but mortality rates are very poor....
Exactly OGF, thats why l said '' if those graphs hold good for the
third world ''? l think you misunderstood me, sorry?
That was exactly my point.
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I can't agree with that Foxy as there are so many gays who were brought up by heterosexual parents, but are becoming gay by personal choice. Most heterosexual men find it difficult to accept gays, but I don't think it is prejudice I think is is because they don't like change.

For many years men were the stronger of the species & many men still try to build muscle to show that they still are, but since women were offered the same levels of education & better same opportunities, women are becoming stronger.

It is a bit like black people fighting to be equal, and the more they achieve it, the more there will be trouble that they call racism! Women will achieve the same and this will make them less attractive to men.... so the younger men are using beauty products to be attractive to a sexual partner....often another man!
Women who feel sorry for gays will be happy to be surrogate mothers for them, but the other women will more likely choose to advance their careers.

If we were able to view in a 100 years time, we may find a very different world where women prefer power to being maternal. Maybe this is another way of reducing the world population. if it happens.

Looking back, I chose not to have children in my teens & never changed my mind....even though I like children. Maybe I was ahead of my time>

I thought gays were compelled to be gay by their brain Twink, and
dont actually choose to be gay! Not as you have just stated become
gay by personel choice? I think the rest of your argument is also
flawed!
Donkeyman!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 02:26 PM

The planet is definitely overpopulated... that's one of the reasons I never had kids. (Aside from lacking any maternal instinct.)

Too many of us.
Too many older people knocking around because medicine has extended the average lifespan, allowing people to live on with debilitating conditions , but quality of life for older people is probably poorer than it has ever been. I'm not talking material comfort and money here, I'm talking how the spirit slowly dies because the body is knackered.

Too many of us.
Never mind cities, look at any small semi-rural village .... all you see now is miles of new laid concrete and new housing estates. They're throwing them up around where I live. Who can afford them is another matter. .. and another social problem. A housing problem.

Too many of us.
That's why the race is on to come up with sustainable and renewable fuels now Man(and WoMan too ) have nearly exhausted the fossil fuels that took millennia to form.
Either it's running out or the planet-huggers have decreed its it bad for us and the planet and to stop using it, though it's running out anyway.
Something has to fuel all our cars, houses, factories and conveniences of modern life.

Too many of us.
That's also why recyclable rubbish has become big business ... I tried to find out on google what percentage of the planet is marred with landfill sites.
We knock up 1.3 billion tons of landfill waste annually .... 10 times more than a century ago.
Mankind is like a boil or a blister on the planet waiting to burst.

Too many of us.
Apparently birth rates are falling around the world ... remember the 'good old days' of families with 12 kids? When half of the little nippers died young through malnutrition or childhood ailments.
Isn't it currently running now at 1.7 ?

Since the days of newly liberated gays, and the whole LGBT movement ( I always feel heteroes are unfairly left out of that neat little acronym) ... it seems that bi-bisexualism is on the increase even if straightforward gays or lesbianism isn't ... and gender reassignment also seems to be more commonplace.

I, personally don't think same-sex couples make ideal parents.
There is more to raising children than the ability to nurture and love them and provide a financially stable home .. which I'm sure gays or lesbians are more than capable of doing.
What they can't do is provide the role models of masculinity and femininity. Of Yin and Yang ..or opposites that complement to produce a balanced complete whole. The family unit.
Once this yen for making people genderless catches on and men and women as such are outdated terms there'll be no need for mum, dad, or even brother and sister.That does seem to be the way the world is going.

I pity kids thesedays with all this confusion over gender identity ( which started out with mere sexual identity but has now gone bananas) .. with the world running dry of it's resources, and space .. space blighted with landfill and houses, more houses ....
but .. on the otherhand ...
until it runs out they're having a whale of a time with mobile phones, multiple holidays abroad each year and enjoying all the perks and luxury that planet pollution has given them, which Greta whats-her-name Thunderthighs and her ilk blame on our generation.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It's fast becoming normal to be gay. I'm not sure normal is the right word. I rather say 'it wasn't meant to be like this' if men were meant to have sex with men, men would be able to have babies. Man and woman are and were meant to have sex with each other to reproduce.

That's how I see it anyway. It has and always will make me cringe when I think of a man sticking his oojah up another mans bottom where pooh comes from. Sorry for my bluntness but I'm only saying it as it is. Does this mean I'm homophobic? I don't think so, but if someone wants to view me as that then so be it.
No ... it doesn't mean you're homophobic at all.
Someone would probably tell you instead that you're sexually repressed.
I said pretty much what you said on another forum years ago, only to be told many heterosexuals enjoy a bit of the bum stuff.
Never fancied it myself.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No ... it doesn't mean you're homophobic at all.
Someone would probably tell you instead that you're sexually repressed.
I said pretty much what you said on another forum years ago, only to be told many heterosexuals enjoy a bit of the bum stuff.
Never fancied it myself.
Not for me either... I can't help thinking about pooh coming out of there, yuk, no ta I'll stick to the way I like it, sexually repressed? Lol I'm quite satisfied with my sex life, that made me chuckle
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
many heterosexuals enjoy a bit of the bum stuff.
I can remember Stephen Fry relating, in a TV interview, that in a meeting with Robert Mugabe (? not sure if this is the right person but it was certainly an East African leader) Mugabe said he had banned homosexuals in his country because of their desire for anal sex. Fry replied that that premise was false and more heterosexual couples indulged in it than did gay couples.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I can't agree with that Foxy as there are so many gays who were brought up by heterosexual parents, but are becoming gay by personal choice. Most heterosexual men find it difficult to accept gays, but I don't think it is prejudice I think is is because they don't like change.

For many years men were the stronger of the species & many men still try to build muscle to show that they still are, but since women were offered the same levels of education & better same opportunities, women are becoming stronger.

It is a bit like black people fighting to be equal, and the more they achieve it, the more there will be trouble that they call racism! Women will achieve the same and this will make them less attractive to men.... so the younger men are using beauty products to be attractive to a sexual partner....often another man!
Women who feel sorry for gays will be happy to be surrogate mothers for them, but the other women will more likely choose to advance their careers.

If we were able to view in a 100 years time, we may find a very different world where women prefer power to being maternal. Maybe this is another way of reducing the world population. if it happens.

Looking back, I chose not to have children in my teens & never changed my mind....even though I like children. Maybe I was ahead of my time>
A person is not born gay Twink, in the same way that they are not born vegetarian and vegan, it's something that has to be acquired, usually from parents, teachers, peer pressure or the media (especially the media) We are very impressionable when we are young, things learnt in the early years last a lifetime and unfortunately in this day and age it is almost impossible to filter all the information that our children are absorbing from social media sites and the rest of the internet. Not to mention the stuff that the BBC chuck out on a daily basis. We have normalised being gay, and from what once was small minority has expanded to the proportions that we see today...... Not by choice Twink, but by suggestion...The power of advertising Aye.... I didn't even know what homosexuallity was when I was a lad....And why should I have done?...
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 07:34 PM

A person is not born gay Twink, in the same way that they are not born vegetarian and vegan, it's something that has to be acquired, usually from parents, teachers, peer pressure or the media (especially the media) We are very impressionable when we are young, things learnt in the early years last a lifetime and unfortunately in this day and age it is almost impossible to filter all the information that our children are absorbing from social media sites and the rest of the internet. Not to mention the stuff that the BBC chuck out on a daily basis. We have normalised being gay, and from what once was small minority has expanded to the proportions that we see today...… Not by choice Twink, but by suggestion...The power of advertising Aye.... I didn't even know what homosexuallity was when I was a lad....And why should I have done?...
OldGreyFox, I must respectfully disagree with you. There are no indications that the gay population is increasing. What you see are men who have come out of the closet and are being open about it. But they were always gay, merely hiding it. It is certainly true that gay men do tend to congregate together just the same as other groups do.

I believe that gays are born that way in the same way that heterosexual men are born that way. Some time ago I read an article which discussed the hormones that women produce during pregnancy. The main thrust of the article was that certain hormones are turned on or off at specific times during pregnancy. If there is a slight change in the timing of that cycle, that will alter the brain chemistry of the growing fetus. All growing fetuses are, in the very beginning of the pregnancy, FEMALE. That is why you and I and all men have nipples. It is only the release of specific hormones at specific times which cause us to be heterosexual.
As far as I can tell, the percentage of the population which is gay has not changed. It remains 7-8 % of the population
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 08:02 PM

A person is not born gay Twink, in the same way that they are not born vegetarian and vegan, it's something that has to be acquired, usually from parents, teachers, peer pressure or the media (especially the media) We are very impressionable when we are young, things learnt in the early years last a lifetime and unfortunately in this day and age it is almost impossible to filter all the information that our children are absorbing from social media sites and the rest of the internet. Not to mention the stuff that the BBC chuck out on a daily basis. We have normalised being gay, and from what once was small minority has expanded to the proportions that we see today...... Not by choice Twink, but by suggestion...The power of advertising Aye.... I didn't even know what homosexuallity was when I was a lad....And why should I have done?...
I agree that social media, TV and advertising influence them, we have all been influenced to change when young. I can remember our generation wanting to ban the bomb & stop all wars ; but now we are all listening to the young & accepting what they say and do..... so social media will change the way we live.
You and I may not like these changes, but we won't stop them, now anybody with a new idea can talk to the world via PC, & I am sure that many of the changes it creates will become a way of life.
Remember " Big brother is watching you", well I can already see that things are changing & one day it will happen. I am just glad that I am unlikely to still be here when it does.

Perhaps climate change will happen first and totally destroy all life in earth?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thought gays were compelled to be gay by their brain Twink, and
dont actually choose to be gay! Not as you have just stated become
gay by personel choice? I think the rest of your argument is also
flawed!
Donkeyman!
Really, then I would love to hear why you think some are bi-sexual and enjoy both men & women. Isn't it a bit naive to accept the excuse governments used, when they were pressured to make homosexuality legal?
What about those who abuse children, even when they are the parent of the child....and many are? Will we have to say that they have a mental problem, or should we acknowledge that they are just perverts who enjoy sex with children & they do it because they like to?

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top