Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:47 PM

Bbc

Michael Portillo:
“It is like a polar bear on a receding piece of ice.”
He doesn’t believe the BBC licence fee will survive as young people had no connection to the broadcasting organisation, as they increasingly consumed their media elsewhere through their smartphones and laptops. Suggested that the channel could no longer justify its role as a public service provider.

“There’s not much evidence now on the BBC that it is performing a public service role.
Journalist Ash Sarkar commented, BBC has to adapt or die.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:48 PM

Re: Bbc

He's right imo.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:56 PM

We hardly watch, as was pointed out on QT there are no art programmes on BBC, a huge mistake.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
We hardly watch, as was pointed out on QT there are no art programmes on BBC, a huge mistake.
We've watched a number of arty type programmes on BBC4.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 05:05 PM

My TV viewing is mostly on other stations with the BBC offerings rarely considered. It would not be quite so bad if they offered a +1hr to each of their Freeview channels, but they do not and that alone in my opinion is NOT considerate to the licence fee payers. Yes, I could record a few offerings, but to be honest there is very little I would consider recording when better programmes IMHO are offered elsewhere that I do record.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 05:21 PM

I do watch a lot of BBC programs, the ads in the other channels really p me off, but it would be good if they did do plus ones on BBC1 & 2.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 05:28 PM

The BBC don't care if you watch their progs they still get your money and their license fee regardless whether you watch them or not so they put on any crap they want to and they don't listen to your complaints either.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 05:37 PM

I watch very little TV but most of what I do watch is BBC.

No doubt Portillo/Cinderella is right about young people ...

they increasingly consumed their media elsewhere through their smartphones and laptops.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
the bbc don't care if you watch their progs they still get your money and their license fee regardless whether you watch them or not so they put on any crap they want to and they don't listen to your complaints either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 06:12 PM

The bbc are constantly trying to attract young, diverse viewers & listeners but they don't seem to realise they are not interested. We always had Radio4 on in our house but these days it is full of LGBT, unfunny humour and stories about minorities.

I'm not a great fan of the multi-coloured mincer but he is correct.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top