Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 02:15 AM

Re: Smoking free county

Thanks Omah. So it looks like no detail yet on how far the ban goes?..
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Thanks Omah. So it looks like no detail yet on how far the ban goes?..
I guess the details will be a long time coming .....
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 04:43 AM

if that county can ban tobacco smoking within the county, based upon the higher health costs, then they can also add an extra tax to any and all foods/sugary drinks etc because being overweight is a prime cause of major health issues.
If they can do one, then they can do the other.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
if that county can ban tobacco smoking within the county, based upon the higher health costs, then they can also add an extra tax to any and all foods/sugary drinks etc because being overweight is a prime cause of major health issues.
If they can do one, then they can do the other.
You don't make other people get cancer by stuffing yourself but if you smoke others are affected and can end up with cancer. But we do have a sugar tax.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 06:52 AM

They haven’t done it yet it’s just a plan .
Smoking is the main cause of serious illness today.

https://www.lung.org/our-initiatives...ng-causes.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You don't make other people get cancer by stuffing yourself but if you smoke others are affected and can end up with cancer. But we do have a sugar tax.
This is correct and has been known for a long time .

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ths-who-report
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 08:00 AM

That article is over 9 years old apparently, forget the hype, who on here has had Fag Smoke breathed into their face in recent history?
If folks want to smoke within the confines they have to conform with nowadays, let them get on with it imo.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oxfordshire wants to become the uks first smoking free county.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18...e-free-county/

That would be great....I was waiting in a bus shelter,the other day....where a guy lit up a cigarette,...I'm not joking,I felt suffocated,rather than say anything,I stepped outside of the shelter......

There are still those who light up in their own private spaces....I would never enter someone's house,who smoked....filthy disgusting habit.......they must have a block...to continue to smoke.....after all the warnings,either that or a death wish.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 08:40 AM

A "Slow Death Wish" but, that is Their choice.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-02-2020, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That would be great....I was waiting in a bus shelter,the other day....where a guy lit up a cigarette,...I'm not joking,I felt suffocated,rather than say anything,I stepped outside of the shelter......

There are still those who light up in their own private spaces....I would never enter someone's house,who smoked....filthy disgusting habit.......they must have a block...to continue to smoke.....after all the warnings,either that or a death wish.
Were you in Oxfordshire?

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top