Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 11:39 PM

Re: Royal Mail pull their usual annual stunt!

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Meany!
I think you mean careful wi brass.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
"The Royal Mail is increasing the cost of postage, with first-class stamps rising 6p to 76p and second-class up 4p to 65p"
That is interesting to know. 65p is approx $1.30 in real money

Postage here recently went up to $1.10 (there is only one rate - though there are options) for up to 250gm to anywhere in the country (and it is a big country). However it could take up to 4 days. You pay extra for express postage - ie next day delivery.

Pensioners get an allowance of 50 concession stamps a year each costing 60c (30p) which is not a bad deal. I rarely use all my concession stamps.

That reminds me - I must go in to buy the rest of my concession books (5 stamps per book) my anniversary date is March and they don't roll over.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I think you mean careful wi brass.
If they only live about 4 miles away, you can deliver no problem.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:16 AM

If they only live about 4 miles away, you can deliver no problem.
Have you seen the price of diesel?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have you seen the price of diesel?
On yer bike mate.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-02-2020, 02:35 AM

On yer bike mate.
Too many steep hills up here unlike Devon which is fairly level (except for Pollock hill on the north coast perhaps).
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Pensioners get an allowance of 50 concession stamps a year each costing 60c (30p) which is not a bad deal. I rarely use all my concession stamps.
No concessions here in the UK on anything like that. I also recall a while back, seeing an Australian poster commented that pensioners get cheaper vehicle road tax, either at a reduced rate or for free?

I know I should have emigrated to Australia as I wanted to 50 years' ago! What a different and better life I could possibly have had.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 10:56 AM

It's actually very good value for a courier providing a nation wide very fast very reliable service.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's actually very good value for a courier providing a nation wide very fast very reliable service.
.....Thank the Lord for 'Royal Mail' I say....When I was a courier I would charge 60 pence a loaded mile.....But it would be delivered 'Yesterday'....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No concessions here in the UK on anything like that. I also recall a while back, seeing an Australian poster commented that pensioners get cheaper vehicle road tax, either at a reduced rate or for free?

I know I should have emigrated to Australia as I wanted to 50 years' ago! What a different and better life I could possibly have had.
In NSW road tax for a pensioner is $0.00 on one vehicle (I don't know about the other states but I suspect it will be the same).

Obviously if you are a couple you get two vehicles tax free.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top