Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:11 PM

Re: Bbc

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The BBC has changed. If you've been watching it for as long as I have, you'd know that yourself.
Of course it has changed. When I was a child there were only three channels and you'd have the national anthem at the end of the day. Along with that annoying test card. So we only had three channels and you still had to pay the licence. Now we have many channels, radio stations, international presence. I honestly don't know what people are moaning about. They seem to be carried away with the crowd and not really looking at how lucky we are to have quality viewing, which it still is by the way.

If the news is biased then check out other equally biased news agencies. You can watch any version of the news you want these days to suit your politics but this current campaign is truly pathetic and David Dimbleby has given his take on the matter today.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The BBC has changed. If you've been watching it for as long as I have, you'd know that yourself.
My father used to complain the BBC was left wing in circa 1960, and therefore thought ITV News safer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
My father used to complain the BBC was left wing in circa 1960, and therefore thought ITV News safer.
That's funny my dad thought the opposite and ITV was near banned in the house for being too liberal.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Of course it has changed. When I was a child there were only three channels and you'd have the national anthem at the end of the day. Along with that annoying test card. So we only had three channels and you still had to pay the licence. Now we have many channels, radio stations, international presence. I honestly don't know what people are moaning about. They seem to be carried away with the crowd and not really looking at how lucky we are to have quality viewing, which it still is by the way.

If the news is biased then check out other equally biased news agencies. You can watch any version of the news you want these days to suit your politics but this current campaign is truly pathetic and David Dimbleby has given his take on the matter today.
Most of those channels, including BBC1 are not watched by many people, mainly because most of the programmes are crap.
There are now so many channels and radio stations that the only way they can survive is by applying a compulsory tax to everyone with a telly.
The big change to which I was referring is the fact that it is now a strongly-biased left wing organisation. By refusing to show such things as French riots on the news, they are complicit in political bias in attempting to cover up activities which they don't want us to know about.

How can the BBC now be regarded as our 'national broadcaster'?

Incidentally, they have always had an international presence: the World Service. I don't listen to that but, for all I know, that is also politically biased.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-02-2020, 12:32 PM

I guess it's a matter of taste but I seem to recall you were praising Mrs Brown's boys not so long ago JBR so clearly that's not "crap" as you put it!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:40 PM

My pal in America thinks BBC TV programs are brilliant. She loves period drama & the BBC do that the best.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 12:49 PM

The whole world thinks BBC TV programs are brilliant.

But Longy may have a point about the multi-coloured mincers
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 02:29 PM

I guess it's a matter of taste but I seem to recall you were praising Mrs Brown's boys not so long ago JBR so clearly that's not "crap" as you put it!
Praising? Not I.

One or two have been slightly amusing, but all we see now are repeats and repeats of repeats.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-02-2020, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My pal in America thinks BBC TV programs are brilliant. She loves period drama & the BBC do that the best.
True. Occasionally, perhaps a couple of times a year, they come up with an excellent period drama.

If the BBC were to become a subscription channel, I might pay to watch them, but that would be a fraction of the price of the TV Tax.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

22-02-2020, 02:47 PM

That's funny my dad thought the opposite and ITV was near banned in the house for being too liberal.
Perhaps it was the adverts your dad disapproved of.

I didn't really know or care what my dad was complaining about. The news on bbc and on itv looked the same to me. Maybe my dad had a thing about the bbc being state owns. Communism, Cold-war propaganda, strange days.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top