Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 11:36 PM

Over 50s Forum Helpers

Hi All,

As mentioned in my last announcement about additions and changes to the Mod team, I think it would be wise to start with a team of helpers first

This lowers the entry barrier (slightly!) and also gives people a chance to work up towards Modship.

What does helping entail?

Generally it will involve keeping an eye on things - spam, 'disagreements', posts or threads in the wrong sections etc. Members on the helpers team will be granted certain powers as they progress - such as the ability to move or lock threads. It all depends on how you get on, but to begin with you'll notify our mods of things you think require attention.

Here are the qualities needed if you'd like to put yourself forward:

• Must posses the ability to be impartial, fair and consistent
  • Must be relatively tech savvy (if you can use the forum then you probably meet this criteria)
  • Must have been a member here for at least 4 months
  • Must have posted at least 100 times
  • Must be a regular/daily visitor
  • Must be willing to 'help' (don't just leave it to everyone else)
  • Must be committed to treating all members amiably and equally irrespective of members' race, nationality, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation or disability status.

Exclusions:

- If you've had ban/s exceeding a total of 5 days
- If you mod/admin another forum aimed at the over 50s

How to Apply:

Start a thread in Contact Admin letting us know why you'd like to join and why you think you would be a good addition to the team

If you put yourself forward as a mod after the last announcement, you don't need to re-apply, your application will be carried through automatically
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2017, 11:51 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Helpers

That is me out then ...
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
That is me out then ...
Me as well.

Am pleased to say.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 05:57 PM

As this site might have a problem might be an idea to consider that some you have banned in the past might just be an assite for this forum.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
As this site might have a problem might be an idea to consider that some you have banned in the past might just be an assite for this forum.

What are you talking about "a problem" Galty? Do you mean not enough helpers?

Can you explain properly please?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

30-05-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What are you talking about "a problem" Galty? Do you mean not enough helpers?

Can you explain properly please?
Yes AZZ has asked for helpers so he must see a problem

Just saying that any one placed on a tempory ban could be a big asset if he is looking for helpers with an open mind.

I would offer my self but have been banned so many times don't think Azz would take me on.

But others that have had temp bans who are great posters with open minds could and should be asked "privately" if they want to help.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 07:37 PM

Thank you, I understand now.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

30-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you, I understand now.
You are one as well as MKJ could and would be an asset as a helper.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:06 PM

I think this has been forgotten about
We haven't heard about it for ages...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 12:26 AM

Think Galty must have had a few too many. The site doesn't have a problem and Mups has never been banned!

Tess - I haven't forgotten just haven't had the time to sort it out

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top