Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 06:11 PM

Puppy 'almost died' after eating Bourbon biscuits

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-50999487

A 15-week-old puppy had to undergo life-saving treatment after guzzling down a double pack of chocolate biscuits.

Owner Jo Higgs returned home to find her female Rottweiler, Zeena, and the empty, chewed-up wrapper from the Bourbon biscuits.

After its stomach started to bloat she took it to PDSA Pet Hospital in Bournemouth where it was treated.

Theobromine - a chemical found in chocolate - can be fatal to pets.

Zeena has since made a full recovery.

Thank goodness - she's a charmer .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 07:06 PM

Re: Puppy 'almost died' after eating Bourbon biscuits

Poor wee soul, glad she's ok. BUT, why did her owner leave the biscuits where they could be got at.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Poor wee soul, glad she's ok. BUT, why did her owner leave the biscuits where they could be got at.
Apparently:

"I'd been out on the school run and returned home to find the chewed-up, empty packet of Bourbon biscuits on the kitchen floor," Miss Higgs, from Bournemouth, said.

"I think my daughter had taken them out of the cupboard and accidentally left them on the side."
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 08:14 PM

They are lucky he survived.
Good job he wasn't a tiny, small breed puppy else he could well have been a gonna eating that chocolate.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They are lucky he survived.
Good job he wasn't a tiny, small breed puppy else he could well have been a gonna eating that chocolate.
Yes, perhaps it does depend on the size of the dog. I know of a dog that ate all the chocolates hanging on the Christmas tree and was absolutely fine.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 08:25 PM

My brother used to eat doggy chocolate .. he loved it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Totally agree.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My brother used to eat doggy chocolate .. he loved it.
I ate lots of Bob Martin's chocolate drops when I was young but I'm alright nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 09:44 PM

that's them ...he'd throw them up, twizzle them on his nose and then catch it in his mouth. Our dog used to go mad watching him.

Very unkind I thought.
Mind you, my brother was weird. When I used to sit painting at the kitchen table with my water colours he always drank my cup of paint water, you know the one, for rinsing your brush out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-01-2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
that's them ...he'd throw them up, twizzle them on his nose and then catch it in his mouth. Our dog used to go mad watching him.

Very unkind I thought.
Mind you, my brother was weird. When I used to sit painting at the kitchen table with my water colours he always drank my cup of paint water, you know the one, for rinsing your brush out.
It cleans the palette.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top