Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 08:25 PM

Re: Buying new Toys (Echo, Blink, Hive, Nest, etc)

... just a thought,

but thanks Foxy.

I might google the bluetooth word.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 09:03 PM

My mate just bought this one d00d and he's very pleased with the sound from it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-C...8772707&sr=8-6
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
This has got me thinking ... does anyone know of a wireless speaker system for my laptop for watching/listening Youtube in bed?
I have a JBL Flip4 bluetooth speaker which seems very good particularly for its size which would do the job. Most laptops seem to support Bluetooth or you can buy a USB dongle thing if they don't. Those Flip 4s can be very loud too.

Or I also have a pair of Sony bluetooth noise cancelling headphones which I use on planes or so I don't disturb anybody else, they would do the job too.

The audio quality of both is excellent - I should qualify that by saying, "so I have been told", because my hearing is pretty shot these days.

From memory the Flip 4 speaker was only about $120 (£60) and the headphones $200 (£100) so not expensive. Something like that would suit your purpose very well.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020475.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	11407  
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
My mate just bought this one d00d and he's very pleased with the sound from it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-C...8772707&sr=8-6
Thanks you

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have a JBL Flip4 bluetooth speaker which seems very good particularly for its size which would do the job. Most laptops seem to support Bluetooth or you can buy a USB dongle thing if they don't. Those Flip 4s can be very loud too.

Or I also have a pair of Sony bluetooth noise cancelling headphones which I use on planes or so I don't disturb anybody else, they would do the job too.

The audio quality of both is excellent - I should qualify that by saying, "so I have been told", because my hearing is pretty shot these days.

From memory the Flip 4 speaker was only about $120 (£60) and the headphones $200 (£100) so not expensive. Something like that would suit your purpose very well.

and thank you.

... so I decided the JBL (I'd seen them before, nifty looking little things) would be a good idea.

Popped into John Lewis today, their staff are normally good/informed, and after seeing stuff by Sonos, Bose, Logitech and more, walked out with a thing called Ultimate Ears Boom 3. Looks almost identical to your JBL Bruce. It's currently charging on USB, I'll let you know how I like it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

14-01-2020, 02:51 PM

I'm pleased with my Ultimate Ears Boom 3 ... a bit more expensive than the JBL, allegedly it's a little better but I'll never know that for sure.

360° surround sound, fill the whole room ... the blurb says. But I like it down low standing/lying next to the lappy, which I use in different rooms and the boom 3 goes with it. Portable, rugged and waterproof.

I've just watched an entire movie* on iPlayer with cinematic sound, I wouldn't watch a movie with the laptop's poxy in-built speakers.

*The Duchess – you can't beat a Romantic Period Drama

imore.com
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 01:32 AM

Looks good, the JBL Flip4 isn't waterproof that I am aware of so that is a good idea because I do use mine outdoors (not that it rains here). In fact the blob of white on mine is paint from when my son was using it while painting the outside of my house.

I also note that the price for the Flip 4 is now $99 (£50) in my local Post Shop so it appears that the prices for these things are coming down.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:03 AM

My son got me an Echo for Christmas...I tell it goodnight when I go to bed...it replies Good night and sweet dreams...so funny
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
My son got me an Echo for Christmas...I tell it goodnight when I go to bed...it replies Good night and sweet dreams...so funny
My God! Us humans are going to be surplus to requirement if this carries on.....

I bet it can't make the perfect 'Horlicks' like I do though Summer...
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 11:23 PM

One of my relatives is into anything electronic that has an app for the mobile phone. So far he has updated the boiler which comes with an a control box that can be controlled by a phone app. He has also got a camera door bell that alerts him on his phone when someone presses the doorbell, he opens the app to see who is at the door. His recent purchases are a sound bar for the TV, basically a long set of small speakers, which has an app to control it. He also recently got a set of bathroom weight scales that uses a mobile phone app. He now has got a BMW company car (salesman) that has a mobile phone app for it.

The rest of the family think he has gone mobile phone app mad lol.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 11:28 PM

Yesterday I bought a 1917 Victrola Model IX record player. Does that count?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top