Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:13 AM

Fox in the garden last night

Woke up last night to a very strange noise, howling ,yapping and what I thought sounded like a clucking chicken,,, it was really close, but figured it it must be on the footpath the other side of our fence, as we’ve heard them before, on checking the security cameras this morning, there he was, a fox, never had one in the garden before not sure how he got in, or out!, and we live in an estate, although the woods and fields aren’t too far away, amazing..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:25 AM

Re: Fox in the garden last night

We have foxes around here Primus and they make some strange noises at night it's a fact, but getting in and out of your garden is no problem as they are seen to hop over our six foot fences with ease...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:45 AM

We have foxes also but mostly in the rural areas. I've never seen one in the city. The little critters that make the noise at night here are native marsupials, possums and bats. The bats get so noisy sometimes we use earplugs and the possums sound like hell.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:43 AM

Its mating season,so expect a lot of noise.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Not here caricature, Mrs Fox is still in hospital......
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry to hear that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Woke up last night to a very strange noise, howling ,yapping and what I thought sounded like a clucking chicken,,, it was really close, but figured it it must be on the footpath the other side of our fence, as we’ve heard them before, on checking the security cameras this morning, there he was, a fox, never had one in the garden before not sure how he got in, or out!, and we live in an estate, although the woods and fields aren’t too far away, amazing..

Primus, has anyone got (or had!) poultry near you?
If so, that's what he would have been after.

As Caricature said, it is the start of the breeding season now, so there will be a lot of night time activity going on now!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Oh dear Foxy, I am sorry to hear that.
I do hope things improve for her real soon. x
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->

The first time I heard that I was sure someone was being murdered.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:42 PM

I see a fox on our security camera (recordings) quite frequently, perhaps most nights. I assume they're on the look out for some sort of food and, in a way, I feel a little sorry for them.

I like to see them, but it is a little worrying, actually, because we have two young cats. Fortunately, I haven't yet seen cat and fox together and I'm not sure what might happen if they did have an 'encounter'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top