Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 08:40 PM

Re: Your expertise/ experience/ knowledge.

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If there isn't, there ought to be with some of the punning that goes on.

Mods, can we have a "groan" smiley please?
I think this one should cover a groan.....

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 08:44 PM

I Applied Biology, but used a rubber jonny mostly.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 05:01 PM

Thanks Mags
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Thanks Mags
You’re welcome
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Secretarial and shorthand typing, from 1971, with the first few years of work spent in an office, so I suppose I have accrued those skills. I love computers and used to teach basic skills in my local libraries. And while I do not claim to know all about grammar I do find my fingers itching to point out the incorrect usage on social media. Should of etc., and your instead of you’re. They do make me scream.

But you try correcting someone online and oh my...you get attacked by every troll out there. So I keep my mouth shut.
Me too Jazzi, sussed it out just before leaving school at the age of 15 that young girls who worked in office work always had every weekend off, so that wasn't hard to decide where I wanted to work, especially as shop workers didn't get weekends off! so did a two -year Business Studies/Commercial Course at the local technical college, and got my first job working at the local newspaper in the Accounts section. Joined the WRAF for 6 years in Communications, then secretarial/accounting thereafter.

Not much use to me now retired of course, except useful touch typing when posting on OFF. .

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top