Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 12:55 AM

Re: BBC Raises Licence Fee - Again!¬

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Poldark, Line of Duty, Killing Eve, This Life, Pride & Prejudice, Mum, Call the Midwife, Fleabag, Dr Who, Peaky Blinders, Wanderlust, Later with Jools Holland to name but a few.
I think we can discount all (IMO) but Line of Duty, Killing Eve and perhaps Peaky Blinders (which is now going on too long). Typical of the BBC, they stuff programmes down our throats for many years because it's easier than creating new programmes. How many years did Dad's Army and Summer Wine drag on? They're doing the same with Casualty, Holby City, and latterly, Call the Midwife.

Ad nauseam.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I think we can discount all (IMO) but Line of Duty, Killing Eve and perhaps Peaky Blinders (which is now going on too long). Typical of the BBC, they stuff programmes down our throats for many years because it's easier than creating new programmes. How many years did Dad's Army and Summer Wine drag on? They're doing the same with Casualty, Holby City, and latterly, Call the Midwife.

Ad nauseam.
Well at least we like some of the same programmes, but I was just mentioning those off the top of my head as they happen to be shows I like. What about the Bodyguard? They have created some really good dramas over the years. As well as some fantastic comedies.

I haven't mentioned the long list as it's going back years. Dad's army, the Good life, Morecambe & Wise, Monty Python, Blackadder were all BBC shows. I mean I could go on and on because they have aired so many fabulous productions.

I think people are complaining about the BBC because it's the in-thing to do right now. Seems so easy to manipulate opinion these days. But in truth they offer a very good service and quality viewing with no ads.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 11:03 AM

People are complaining about the BBC because it is overpriced CRAP.

Horribly politicised, constant repeats, catering for minority audiences, diversity worshiping to the point of being ridiculous a black female Dr Who for example, that ticks both boxes, crap AND "diversity" worshiping, grossly over manned - the list just goes on and on.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 01:29 PM

It's a witch hunt with ulterior motives.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 02:56 PM

It's a witch hunt with ulterior motives.
Oh come on.

As for ulterior motives --- LIKE WHAT?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 03:36 PM

There's an article in the paper today about a man who works for the BBC and he said he had 'Lost count of the number of times someone had rung him, asking him to find an expert for a particular programme - preferably a black person.'

If that isn't out and out racism then I don't know what is. A persons colour should not come into it, just an 'expert' would do.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 03:50 PM

– Snip –

I haven't mentioned the long list as it's going back years. Dad's Army, the Good Life, Morecambe & Wise, Monty Python, Blackadder were all BBC shows. I mean I could go on and on because they have aired so many fabulous productions.

– Snip –
Dad's Army! Come on now, a programme that is as much as 52 years' old and we are still paying, through the TV Licence (and 'through the nose'), to watch that type of programme, especially those of us who do not wish to watch it. Would you pay Netflix to watch a programme that could be described as such?

Many members on OFF were not even born when Dad's Army was first shown. Unfortunately, others of us can remember that sad event!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:22 PM

I liked Dad's Army & It Aint Half Hot Mum, not that they have ever repeated that one again, Monty Python, very ahead of it's time, plus others from that era. They were funny & entertaining. Too much gloom & doom on any channel now with some exceptions.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I liked Dad's Army & It Aint Half Hot Mum, not that they have ever repeated that one again, Monty Python, very ahead of it's time, plus others from that era. They were funny & entertaining. Too much gloom & doom on any channel now with some exceptions.
I find this with music too. I was watching some old BBC TOTP with groups such as Mud, Showaddywaddy and Slade and it was just good fun basically, whereas these days it's all too political.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I find this with music too. I was watching some old BBC TOTP with groups such as Mud, Showaddywaddy and Slade and it was just good fun basically, whereas these days it's all too political.
I have watched those as well, TOTP, though didn't they mostly mime to their records on that?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top