Join for free
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 06:59 PM

Re: Brexit Day Bill from EU?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The best research brains don't always have money. They were at some point talking about quotas and this would be devastating to the funding of our universities. It would also have a very negative impact on some of the fabulous research carried out here. I think the powers that be were backing down on this but not sure whether a decision has been made.
Do you not realise the UK has been paying millions and millions of pounds into the EU Erasmus scheme to allow students from the EU come here to study, courtesy of the UK tax payer ?

The UK benefits hardly anything from Erasmus because our students studying abroad go to the USA and Australia - not the EU.

So they get preferential treatment to come here and study through the bent, racist immigration policy of the EU and then the UK has to pay for them under the Erasmus scheme.

Balls to that !
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Do you not realise the UK has been paying millions and millions of pounds into the EU Erasmus scheme to allow students from the EU come here to study, courtesy of the UK tax payer ?

The UK benefits hardly anything from Erasmus because our students studying abroad go to the USA and Australia - not the EU.

So they get preferential treatment to come here and study through the bent, racist immigration policy of the EU and then the UK has to pay for them under the Erasmus scheme.

Balls to that !
Better hope no one troubles to check on the facts. It would show you to be a piece of dough or something of similar consistency.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Better hope no one troubles to check on the facts. It would show you to be a piece of dough or something of similar consistency.

You will find I'm absolutely right.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 09:19 PM

Balls to that !
I think you might have missed the bit when I said that I was talking about students from the whole world coming here to study. I was talking about the immigration policy we are planning post-brexit rather than the EU impact per se. It doesn't appear anyone knows whether there will be quotas on foreign students (global).

In terms of exchange programmes, of course our students prefer to go to English speaking countries unless they are studying a language. You have to study a whole semester in a different language and on many courses you are marked on the work you do which may count towards your final degree and will certainly affect your results for the period. So we wouldn't want to go to a country where we struggle with the language when you are already challenged by the content, but other countries all make the effort to learn Engish so of course they come here. I hope they won't be stopping that system. I don't know much about the funding arrangements for ERASMUS but I'd like to see some details to back up your maths.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 09:51 PM

I think you might have missed the bit when I said that I was talking about students from the whole world coming here to study. I was talking about the immigration policy we are planning post-brexit rather than the EU impact per se. It doesn't appear anyone knows whether there will be quotas on foreign students (global).

In terms of exchange programmes, of course our students prefer to go to English speaking countries unless they are studying a language. You have to study a whole semester in a different language and on many courses you are marked on the work you do which may count towards your final degree and will certainly affect your results for the period. So we wouldn't want to go to a country where we struggle with the language when you are already challenged by the content, but other countries all make the effort to learn Engish so of course they come here. I hope they won't be stopping that system. I don't know much about the funding arrangements for ERASMUS but I'd like to see some details to back up your maths.

Why should we subsidise EU students ???
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 11:03 PM

Why should we subsidise EU students ???
I'm still waiting for you to provide more details and maybe a link about that. I have no idea how it works.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-02-2020, 12:40 AM

I'm still waiting for you to provide more details and maybe a link about that. I have no idea how it works.

Your problem

I'm not here to educate you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-02-2020, 01:11 AM

Your problem

I'm not here to educate you.
You make unsubstantiated assertions and this is your response? Well we should simply ignore your points if you have no back up!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 08:24 AM

It's funny how often you take umbrage with folk despite not having an idea.

As I've said to you before, Do Your Research.

You expect everyone else to do your lifting, to do your leg work.

Do Your Research then you have the tools and the material to stake an opinion.

Then, when someone makes a claim, as Bread does regarding Erasmus, you can provide a counterpoint.

The problem with your insistence on others 'providing a link' is that because of your liberal bias and ideoliogical intransigence you will too easily dismiss the evidence, in the way Solly does.

Educate yourself then join the debate properly.........That's my advice.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 10:37 AM

Hi

We are where we are.

A massive change from all the promises made by Boris and Gove during the Referendum.

We will not have our cake and eat it.

We will not continue to have friction less Trade.

We are the ones putting checks on.

This may be a very good ploy by Boris, it may not.

It is wait and see time.

Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top