Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 05:03 PM

Re: Ciara

Surely most sensible people will stay indoors tomorrow unless of course the journey is vital. I remember when we lived in Scotland and we had a really bad storm, it blew the roof off of our cottsge, brrr.....strong stuff!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 05:04 PM

Hi

Already a stiff breeze and showers.

It is not supposed to hit until 10 this evening.

On my own this evening, Guy is on a train to Bath and a night out in Bristol.

Zac and Derek are on the train soon and then flying out from Birmingham.

The first major test of the new corrugated roof.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 05:12 PM

Just mown the lawns and moved vulnerable flower pots.

The worst part is going to be taking Chloe out, she is very stubborn and likes to go down the lane but I don't want to walk under the trees with branches falling off so it will be a battle of wills to go across the field using the top gate .

I have never had such a stubborn dog , if she doesn't want to walk somewhere she digs her feet in, lowers her head like a bull ready to charge and refuses point blank to move .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Just mown the lawns and moved vulnerable flower pots.

The worst part is going to be taking Chloe out, she is very stubborn and likes to go down the lane but I don't want to walk under the trees with branches falling off so it will be a battle of wills to go across the field using the top gate .

I have never had such a stubborn dog , if she doesn't want to walk somewhere she digs her feet in, lowers her head like a bull ready to charge and refuses point blank to move .
Holly is like that, and I either just tug on the lead or pick her up. Sometimes I try to get her out into the garden for a toilet but she will also be stubborn, and not do anything, so I have to get dressed, coat, shoes etc., put her coat and lead on, and take her outside. There is a line of trees just a few feet across the road and by heck, it’s awful when it’s gusty. Dreading tomorrow.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:13 PM

Wind and rain picking up up here and a flood warning has just been announced. Time to batten down the hatches.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Wind and rain picking up up here and a flood warning has just been announced. Time to batten down the hatches.
I drove into my Close about an hour ago and the trees were nearly uprooting and taking off!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:29 PM

Same here, looks like this storm is a bad 'un. Take care,keep safe.

Night all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:29 PM

"Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way. Well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't!".

M. Fish
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
"Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way. Well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't!".

M. Fish
Scaring me now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Same here, looks like this storm is a bad 'un. Take care,keep safe.

Night all.
Night Cindy xxx

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top