Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:11 AM

Re: Crazy bast**d

There could be lots of reasons, as has already been suggested, but nevertheless, it seems a bit over-reactive to me.

Blimey, I wonder what happens if he is in a crowd and gets jostled and/or touched then? Does he turn round and attack everyone?

No, whatever his problem is, if he went as ' ballistic' as Bakerman said, it is a strange reaction IMO. He could easily have just said "You're welcome", and stepped out the way quick if it bothered him.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:41 AM

I have made it a habit to avoid contact with strangers unless it is to accept an offer of a handshake.

You don't go around patting or otherwise touching strangers, are you nuts? You were asking for trouble. Where I live, you could have been charged with simple assault by intentionally touching him if he had wanted to push the issue. You, not your victim, was in the wrong. You are lucky he didn't give you a knuckle sandwich out of the incident.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I have made it a habit to avoid contact with strangers unless it is to accept an offer of a handshake.

You don't go around patting or otherwise touching strangers, are you nuts? You were asking for trouble. Where I live, you could have been charged with simple assault by intentionally touching him if he had wanted to push the issue. You, not your victim, was in the wrong. You are lucky he didn't give you a knuckle sandwich out of the incident.

Y'see Savvy, I don't understand such a violent reaction to a completely harmless gesture.
As Bakerman said, it's not as if he grabbed his backside or anything, merely a light touch on his shoulder.

I am really glad I don't live where you do, if the cops would charge for assault for that!
What a sad world if aggressive behaviour is rewarded like that.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->

Oh, come on. You must be joking. Is that the way things are where you live ? Must be an ultra-violent place full of weird men.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Y'see Savvy, I don't understand such a violent reaction to a completely harmless gesture.
As Bakerman said, it's not as if he grabbed his backside or anything, merely a light touch on his shoulder.

I am really glad I don't live where you do, if the cops would charge for assault for that!
What a sad world if aggressive behaviour is rewarded like that.
Mups, I seriously doubt that any cop in the U.S would charge anyone with assault for a light touch on the shoulder. Any U.S. cop would certainly stop to consider the intentions behind the patted shoulder. If someone was GRABBED, however, that is a horse of a different color and could very well result in an arrest. Having said that, I hope I don't run into Savvy anytime soon.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 04:05 AM

Hi Bakerman

Is your sir name Biden.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No one is Just Mental, that is unjust.
Just an old term before all the excuses came along.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:22 PM

It's certainly a different world out there these days!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just an old term before all the excuses came along.
And the PC easily offended snowflakes took over the world...
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And the PC easily offended snowflakes took over the world...
I know it's off-topic but please, where did the term 'snowflake' come from?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top