Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:13 PM

Diddums! Poor Varadkar!

Oh Joy! Oh Dear, Varadkar!

What is it they say?
Revenge is a dish best served cold, or What goes around, comes around.

Brings a smile to my face to see this EU puppet get his just reward for cosying up to the EU and insulting the UK, the very same country that helped bail Eire out during the crash. The very same country he insulted by saying 'Britain is a small country' after 31st January 2020.

Where are his EU buddies now he needs them. Whistling to themselves as they walk away hands in their pockets. A useful puppet when they needed him. He served his purpose, easily discarded. No more grandstanding, no more laughable belief that he was on par with the Nero's on the top EU table. Deservedly, the Teapot has smashed,

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:39 PM

Re: Diddums! Poor Varadkar!

Ay, they come and they go like the wind... and most are full of it !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 12:56 PM

Hi

Not a cause for celebration in my opinion.

If Sinn Fein form a Government they will block any EU Trade Deal until they get a united Ireland.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 01:12 PM

Good riddance to a rubbish Taoiseach!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not a cause for celebration in my opinion.

If Sinn Fein form a Government they will block any EU Trade Deal until they get a united Ireland.
We don't NEED an EU trade deal. We'd be better to not have one.

As for a united Ireland, there's a great many loyal British people in Ulster who will put few obstacles in THAT plan.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We don't NEED an EU trade deal. We'd be better to not have one.

As for a united Ireland, there's a great many loyal British people in Ulster who will put few obstacles in THAT plan.
T

True, it's not a nice taste in the mouth to see the IRA in charge of Eire's future. So much blood on their hands.
But what will be will be, there's nothing we can do about it. I truly believe though, and me being of good Irish stock, that the rules regarding free movement between Southern Ireland and the UK should be stopped now. They are part of the European Union from choice, we have left (almost), so Eire should be treated exactly the same as any other EU member and require passport and soon to be visa to get into the UK. They should not be given any favours.

As for Northern Ireland. A recent poll concluded that the majority would favour a United Ireland. So be it. Let them have their referendum and decide, Those wishing to become Irish citizens and part of the EU have their passports remain red with the EU symbol and authorisation. Those who wish to remain within the UK family, likewise with blue passport. Those with blue passports should be allowed to travel freely between NI and the UK, but not those who have chosen the EU.

Oh if only life were that simple
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 04:19 PM

The verruca has got his just desserts but I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that Sinn Féin isn't able to form a Government - not even a coalition one.

I agree with Todger, we don't need a trade deal with the EU, we can just say to them we want to buy your stuff but it must meet the following specifications and be lower cost than countries X, Y or Z. Simples.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
T

True, it's not a nice taste in the mouth to see the IRA in charge of Eire's future. So much blood on their hands.
But what will be will be, there's nothing we can do about it. I truly believe though, and me being of good Irish stock, that the rules regarding free movement between Southern Ireland and the UK should be stopped now. They are part of the European Union from choice, we have left (almost), so Eire should be treated exactly the same as any other EU member and require passport and soon to be visa to get into the UK. They should not be given any favours.

As for Northern Ireland. A recent poll concluded that the majority would favour a United Ireland. So be it. Let them have their referendum and decide, Those wishing to become Irish citizens and part of the EU have their passports remain red with the EU symbol and authorisation. Those who wish to remain within the UK family, likewise with blue passport. Those with blue passports should be allowed to travel freely between NI and the UK, but not those who have chosen the EU.

Oh if only life were that simple
Hear, hear. Perhaps it will deter some of the `travellers` from coming over here and thieving/causing trouble without fear of prosecution.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hear, hear. Perhaps it will deter some of the `travellers` from coming over here and thieving/causing trouble without fear of prosecution.
If only but a little sitting on my shoulder is whispering "probably not" in my shell like.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2020, 05:08 PM

Knowing Ireland, they will have another vote

As for Varadkar, before he opens his stupid gob and has a go at the UK, he should remember Ireland isn't in NATO, has no army, navy or air force and relies on the UK for protection.

They also owe the UK billions for what we donated to them in foreign aid to bail them out in the financial crash.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top