Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 02:31 PM

Ciara

Pron Keera?

Well that's all the loose pots and buckets put away and the tree tied down.

Torches on standby in case of power cut.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 02:38 PM

Re: Ciara

yeah, I heard we're in for a storm, I'll be safely tucked up in my house, unless it blows it away *Auntie Em, Auntie Em*
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 02:52 PM

… get those chucks inside
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 03:26 PM

Apparently the royal parks will be closed tomorrow to minimise any risk of injuries to the public.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 04:02 PM

It'll probably only amount to a small zephyr... except for Scotland.
Scotland always bears the brunt of the rough stuff.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 04:06 PM

I remember my Zephyr. Nice car. Went like the wind as I recall.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 04:10 PM

All hatches battened down tightly at Vere Towers and we're praying like mad the flat roof (directly above our bedroom) doesn't tear and fly off again
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 04:23 PM

The Pennines tend to shelter a lot of Yorkshire from the worst of the Westerly storms. But I am still putting movable objects in the garage for safety - small plant pots, watering cans/buckets, cats - that sort of thing!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 04:26 PM

Battened down the hatches here in Shropshire too. I always worry as we surrounded by trees, some of them really tall. When we get storms they always tend to be leaning towards us, never away!.

Take care everyone. Hope they are wrong with the potential for structural damage, transport cancelled, power cuts etc.
Got my candles and torches ready just in case.

More worried if a power cut, won't be able to have my electric blanket on!!!!! Brrr.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 04:45 PM

Winds supposed to be building up through tonight, and we'll all cop it by morning.

Weather alerts have gone from Yellow to Amber . . . See below:

Amber warning of wind
Updated 8 February at 09:43 GMT
Amber warning of wind

From
08:00 GMT on Sun 9 February
To
21:00 GMT on Sun 9 February

Storm Ciara will bring a spell of very strong winds. Disruption to travel is likely during Sunday.

- Flying debris could lead to Injuries or danger to life

- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs expected

- Longer journey times and cancellations, as road, rail, air and ferry services affected

- Some roads and bridges closed

- Power cuts with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage

- Injuries and danger to life from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top