Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 07:26 PM

Re: New cabinet!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

One Nation Conservatism?

The Cabinet is filled with Privately Educated who attended Oxbridge.

Their experience of real life as lived by the majority of us is minimal.
Now more than ever it's not experience of real life as lived by the majority that's needed, it's brass necked managers who concentrate not on where we were, they're ten a penny and perpetrate stagnation, it's to concentrate on where we NEED to be.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 07:36 PM

Hi

One Nation Conservatism?

The Cabinet is filled with Privately Educated who attended Oxbridge.

Their experience of real life as lived by the majority of us is minimal.
What exactly, other than personal envy, is wrong with being educated at Oxbridge. Isn't it what we would all aspire to for our children.
Also there are plenty of routes for the poor to get there these days.

The reason for this reshuffle is because Boris want's the government (as he said today) to focus on delivering their promises. The saying goes the Battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton. In my view the battles of science and technology will be won at Oxbridge.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
What exactly, other than personal envy, is wrong with being educated at Oxbridge. Isn't it what we would all aspire to for our children.

The reason for this reshuffle is because Boris want's the government (as he said today) to focus on delivering their promises. The saying goes the Battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton. In my view the battles of science and technology will be won at Oxbridge.
Next week we could have a thread defending some of the top billionaires in the world....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:37 PM

Ain't seen Boris for yonks.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ain't seen Boris for yonks.
It's like the lion the witch and the wardrobe, without the lion....
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Next week we could have a thread defending some of the top billionaires in the world....
What would be wrong with that? It's not illegal or evil to earn a lot of money. Many millionaires use their millions to help the poor, they aren't all selfish people, though there are plenty of those on both sides of the fence. Still the question I asked remains unanswered.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 07:16 AM

Hi

Not a very nice post, quite aggressive in fact.

Firstly, personal envy.

My brother and I have 4 kids, non went to Private School and 3 out of the 4 went to Oxbridge.

So you got that wrong.

There is a world of difference between the privately educated who have rich parents, then go to OXbridge with huge allowances and become members of invitation only clubs and those who get there from local schools on merit and who have to get part time jobs to fund their way

They have never not have private medical insurance, never had to wait for an NHS appointment.

Never had to watch the money.

They simply have no idea.through,
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 08:58 AM

hi

not a very nice post, quite aggressive in fact.

Firstly, personal envy.

My brother and i have 4 kids, non went to private school and 3 out of the 4 went to oxbridge.

So you got that wrong.

There is a world of difference between the privately educated who have rich parents, then go to oxbridge with huge allowances and become members of invitation only clubs and those who get there from local schools on merit and who have to get part time jobs to fund their way

they have never not have private medical insurance, never had to wait for an nhs appointment.

Never had to watch the money.

They simply have no idea.through,

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-02-2020, 09:11 AM

What would be wrong with that? It's not illegal or evil to earn a lot of money. Many millionaires use their millions to help the poor, they aren't all selfish people, though there are plenty of those on both sides of the fence. Still the question I asked remains unanswered.
I guess we didn't have to wait until next week...
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

15-02-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I guess we didn't have to wait until next week...
No real answer to the question then I guess

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top