Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:21 PM

Re: UK Spits Dummy

All this fuss about Huawei and 5G is utter tosh when they have been involved in UK's 4G since the roll out.

Now there will be more to complain about as China might be asked to tender for HS2 and lets face it, they couldn't make a bigger has of than we would
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Not that I know of. Some on the far left might use that term but I haven't seen it in the mainstream media. That's just me.
I wasn't thinking of the "clown" word specifically, that was Bruce's choice. Maybe he's just not taken too seriously in other countries. Here we've known him for a long time, and he was the best Mayor of London we ever had.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
All this fuss about Huawei and 5G is utter tosh when they have been involved in UK's 4G since the roll out.

Now there will be more to complain about as China might be asked to tender for HS2 and lets face it, they couldn't make a bigger has of than we would
I'm inclined to agree. It's been stated many times, the Chinese are not going to have access to any data of any interest to anyone. .... just trump stirring ...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:39 PM

No guys. Sorry. It's not just about Trump. I've left plenty of credible references about Chinese government/ party interference in all levels of life here. Why do you think it isn't happening there? It's not a myth and it's complicated. Bruce has posted plenty of food for thought here but I don't speak for him. He can explain what he meant by the word "clown". Boris Johnson is far away from here. We have enough politicians of our own to contend with. And we all have to cope with Trump. I'll leave judgement of Boris to you guys.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm inclined to agree. It's been stated many times, the Chinese are not going to have access to any data of any interest to anyone. .... just trump stirring ...
Trump is the biggest stirrer and arse of a personality to ever hit the headlines.
As for access to our sensitive data, what about the NHS selling patient data to anyone willing to pay for it .. apparently, all in the name of research; research my arse!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No guys. Sorry. It's not just about Trump. I've left plenty of credible references about Chinese government/ party interference in all levels of life here. Why do you think it isn't happening there? It's not a myth and it's complicated. Bruce has posted plenty of food for thought here but I don't speak for him. He can explain what he meant by the word "clown". Boris Johnson is far away from here. We have enough politicians of our own to contend with. And we all have to cope with Trump. I'll leave judgement of Boris to you guys.
Hi

It is a simple question.

Do we use a Chinese System which we understand and have the measure of, or do we use an untried system we would have to hack from scratch?

The other issue is also quite simple.

All the leaks have come from Australian Politicians.

If they cannot keep their mouths shut why on Earth should we continue to share sensitive information with them?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a simple question.

Do we use a Chinese System which we understand and have the measure of, or do we use an untried system we would have to hack from scratch?

The other issue is also quite simple.

If they cannot keep their mouths shut why on Earth should we continue to share sensitive information with them?
THat's up to the UK. You are part of 5 eyes. This is one incident. IT can be solved and moved on from. If the UK is prepared to walk away from over a hundred years of intelligence sharing with Australia - and I might add a history of 100% unconditional support for the UK from Australia in every conflict I can think of for the same length of time - well as I have been reading non stop ever since I joined this forum, The UK is on it's own now. You do whatever you please. If you want to keep everything to yourself, go ahead. But what happens if by chance Australia gets some intelligence that is crucial to the UK? Serious question. Civil answer please?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Australian governments leak information that suits their agenda, always have, always will. Anybody else leaks information they prosecute them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yeah ... I clicked the link after asking the question.

But the aussie do see him as a clown, don't they? We see him as erm slightly eccentric.
We are talking about the same person aren't we?

keezoy
Australia

16-02-2020, 01:32 AM

At least he is capable of sending himself up. That is a quality in anybody that is appreciated greatly in this county. And like Australian politicians are the only ones who leak information?!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top