Join for free
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 04:54 PM

Where is it going?

We are continually being told by the PM that "we are investing X number of pounds in the NHS, X number into the Rail network, X number into schools, X number into extra police etc;
This is good news but in spite of all this future investment we don,t seem to be seeing any betterment so where is all this money going?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 04:57 PM

Re: Where is it going?

That's a very, very good question Ben and one I'd love an answer to. It seems to me that every £ that's thrown to the NHS, etc is swallowed up in administration or management consultants, etc that very little of it actually gets down to where it is actually needed - on the front line so to speak.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 04:57 PM

In his back pocket?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 05:16 PM

Hi

All Politicians lie, they have vast numbers of Spin Doctors to mislead us.

The thing is the figures are correct, but, and it is a big but, after 10 years of austerity we are still spending less than we did 10 years ago in real terms.

We are still overspending on huge projects in the South East.

Most importantly, we are still not sacking those responsible for wasting money, especially those in the NHS.

I was part of the system, so I feel comfortable about saying this.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top