Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 11:37 AM

Re: Special Fridge Shelf for Vegans?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't you just think that somebody is out to deliberately rock the boat?
Most carnivores and vegan/veggies get along quite nicely until the media throw out these antagonistic comments. It's just the same with racism and minority groups. Nobody likes to think that somebody else is getting special favours.....

I eat meat, I eat vegetarian and vegan food but there's no room for a separate shelf in my fridge. Obviously, I wouldn't store raw meat on top of my cheese but then who would. I think we are all sensible enough to work it out for ourselves.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 11:39 AM

Most food left in the workplace fridge gets eaten by someone else anyway.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The trouble with veganism is that we upset the agricultural economies of some countries by growing staple fashionable grains and veg and send the price rocketing for locals. Mass growth of veg also harms or displaces local wildlife.

I have tried to be vegan in the past, also veggie, then pescatarian. I managed to be pescatarian for over a year. The others don't suit me healthwise and having food allergies just makes it impossible now. I used to feel really bad about it all, but these days I have given up because whatever we do on this planet harms living beings or the planet. It's our nature. We should just accept our nature is not perfect.

As for having a separate shelf in a fridge, well I'd like to see that in practice. Because unless it's clearly a ham sandwich on the label how can anyone know what you have wrapped in foil? I have a number of vegan and veggie friends so I do understand how people feel about this but you cannot take it to extremes where you limit the rights of others in a public place.
But our nature is perfect Annie, that's the whole problem.....
There is not a living thing on this world that doesn't take away from the planet to live and grow. But it's a massive recycling system, things live, then die and their remains produce food for the next batch of life. Animals eat other animals, and we rear animals to eat otherwise you can add cows, pigs, sheep and hens to the ever growing list of extinctions....That's civilisation, and we all live happily ever after....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Of course I do OGF. Boats are being rocked everywhere every day. They have been rocked since the beginning of time. My comment was simply about mutual consideration in a household. Not about "special favours" the media or brexit or anything else..sheeesh. I thought you guys were done with that. Was there a media link?..I missed that. "vegos" and "carnos" can all get on together if they are reasonable people. If they fight with each other it's probably not much to do with food. I just looked back..yes the media link. It's about workplaces. OK that's a whole new can of worms. Refer to HR..await reply and argue on. I'll just sit here and be a happy joke.
I think the original post was about the workplace keezoy, not really at the household level.
My family has a 'vegan' in its midst and we do our utmost to satisfy her needs, and a shelf in the fridge would be willingly supplied should she require it, but she does take the responsibility of eating a seperate diet seriously and tries not to inconvenience other members of the family who eat just about anything....

The original post was based around an article in the media, hence my comments about the media stirring up trouble when it's not necessary. And not an argument keezoy, a discussion....It's what happens on a forum....Refer to the category this thread was posted in....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What on earth has being a Vegan have to do with Brexit?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 01:49 PM

Little Ms Thunderbags has a lot to answer for.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-02-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Little Ms Thunderbags has a lot to answer for.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What on earth has being a Vegan have to do with Brexit?
Further to my earlier answer to your question ST, My answer to
Xandra concerned her remark that omnivorous people should
respect the views of the minority vegans?
I leave you to make the connection between vaganism and brexit
yourself from this remark?
Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2020, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
But our nature is perfect Annie, that's the whole problem.....
There is not a living thing on this world that doesn't take away from the planet to live and grow. But it's a massive recycling system, things live, then die and their remains produce food for the next batch of life. Animals eat other animals, and we rear animals to eat otherwise you can add cows, pigs, sheep and hens to the ever growing list of extinctions....That's civilisation, and we all live happily ever after....
Absolutely.

For that reason, I have now decided that when I turn my toes up I shall opt to be buried.

I can then form food for worms and other little minibeasts which, in turn, will provide food for birds and other predators which, in turn, will provide food for other animals higher up the food chain which, in turn, will provide food for animals such as pigs which, in turn, provide food for humans (but not vegans, but that's their choice!).

I think that's very public spirited of me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-02-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Absolutely.

For that reason, I have now decided that when I turn my toes up I shall opt to be buried.

I can then form food for worms and other little minibeasts which, in turn, will provide food for birds and other predators which, in turn, will provide food for other animals higher up the food chain which, in turn, will provide food for animals such as pigs which, in turn, provide food for humans (but not vegans, but that's their choice!).

I think that's very public spirited of me.
And plus JB, if you aren't burned you won't be adding CO2 and other greenhouse gases to the atmosphere.....It's a win win situation....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top