Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 04:44 PM

My colonoscopy

Had a nice Asian young man seeing to me, and a lovely nurse. We had lots of laughs when he was going through my medical history.

So then came the nasty part. After having a shufty he noticed two Farmer Giles inside so offered to inject them. Which he did.

Told me he could see nothing untoward but will ask my local hospital to do another colonoscopy to look at the larger bowel. Oh great...I thought it'd all be over today!

He reckons my low iron store could be from my rheumatoid arthritis, which he'd originally thought was osteo. Probably makes a difference in his medically trained opinion. I said no health care professionals have talked me through what could come as a result of the RA (other than what I've researched myself). I've certainly never had F/up appointments, or help with pain clinics. Nothing.

He's given me a scrip for iron sachets, as the tablets were of no use, gastro wise.

Tell you what, the weather was foul! Had a bit of a walk from the bus and it was starting to rain.

Got home (after stopping off for shopping) to see five suspicious yoofs in our bed shed area so told them to leave, or I'd call the police. They did go but not without one muttering, it's a free country. I told him, you're on private property, so you're trespassing.

So are you! He retorted back.

Hmmmmm. Really? Yards from my front door?

We get drug dealing in there so I wasn't afraid to get rid.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 04:48 PM

Re: My colonoscopy

Sounds like you've had an eventful day, Jazzi ! Have a big hug !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 05:16 PM

From me too .........
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Oooh ta!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-05-2015, 08:27 PM

Stooooopid keyboard. BIN shed, not 'bed'! Wherever did that come from?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top