Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 12:02 PM

Re: GP's charging?

I "ve thought for a long time that phone consultations are a good idea, we had some and they seem to work a treat.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If you book an appointment online with my practice, you have to state what its for Patsy.
That's good Mups, I guess we will get around to that
Charging a fee for missed appointments is a good idea too - so many people don't attend, which makes it hard for the rest of us ...............
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 02:20 PM

I think charging for a missed appointment would be a good idea ..
It might stop the time wasters, but in charging someone for an appointment there is a chance that people will leave what may be an easy to fix problem until it becomes so bad that they need hospital treatment..

As for telling the assistent whats wrong.. I refuse.. Ive had times when our assistent refused to give an appointment because she deemed it un-necessary such an example when OH had a knee xray that didnt show anything.. She told me there was no point him coming back in about it.
It turned out he had fractured the knee cap and that damage was so bad it needed surgery and he will now have to walk with a stick..

If I hadnt insisted it could have been worse.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Just back from my husbands physio, the same faces were there from his ward and it's amazing how some are actually refusing to help themselves, I did wonder as we heard the moaning from a couple why they are bothering to take up the time of the physios ? Steven has been told he can stop using even a stick just 4 weeks after his TKR they said he is amazing - well not really he has just done the exercises and been really strict with himself to keep moving even when it hurt. Chap who was across the ward from him was wheel chaired in and is apparently bed bound at home but the physio says he should be able to walk like my husband because his operation was less intrusive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 03:22 PM

That's good news Julie. You must both be very relieved how well its gone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 03:29 PM

Julie - do you think 'age' plays its part, my friend here is 78 (don't forget I'm the baby amongst me elders) she had a knee replacement last Thursday and is in terrible pain - did Steven endure that ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 03:52 PM

Yes he did Patsy and he was allergic to the main painkiller they use in these operations something UJ had said would help him enormously he just had to use paracetamol and get on with it. The man who I wrote about was younger and fitter than Steven one of the reasons they kept putting it off was his unfitness. TBH first week he was in tears doing the exercises but he was determined to get through it.

But my point was about wasting money in the NHS I can't see why if people are not going to help themselves why they are taking up time could go to people who will work with the GPs and Physios etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2015, 03:58 PM

Thanks Julie - just the norm then ........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-05-2015, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thanks Julie - just the norm then ........
Apparently it's one of the most painful to get over Patsy but she needs to keep doing the exercises even though they hurt. As I said made Steven cry but if he hadn't done them ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-05-2015, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Apparently it's one of the most painful to get over Patsy but she needs to keep doing the exercises even though they hurt. As I said made Steven cry but if he hadn't done them ......
Rightyo - will tell her ................

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top