Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 04:39 PM

Re: 'out of touch', ignorant MP

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Perhaps it's because they wouldn't have had a cash flow problem if benefits had been paid on time in a sufficient quantity. I don't think people call it a cash flow problem when they have nothing to buy food with, that's called starvation.
I completely agree, it must me terrible if you can't afford to feed your children whoever you are. There is of course the small matter of the £12 Billion we send abroad every year. I have no personal experience of food banks but I would imagine there are a lot of low paid workers using them as well as those on benefits.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Perhaps it's because they wouldn't have had a cash flow problem if benefits had been paid on time in a sufficient quantity. I don't think people call it a cash flow problem when they have nothing to buy food with, that's called starvation.
That is sometimes the case Julie I agree, but many people also make very poor choices as to what they spend the money on that they do have.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
That is sometimes the case Julie I agree, but many people also make very poor choices as to what they spend the money on that they do have.

So now, not content with sanctioning those in receipt of benefit, you now want to dictate to those claimants what they can spend their meagre money they do receive on.

It would seem Hitler 's philosophy is alive and well!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 05:50 PM

How many in the queues smoke and drink?

Take drugs?

That's called taking the P
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
How many in the queues smoke and drink?

Take drugs?

That's called taking the P
I call it making poor choices...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I call it making poor choices...
You are far politer than I.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 06:10 PM

Labour has just lost several million votes with their announced garden tax.

Not only stupid but a brainless leader

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...and-value-tax/

We put down mad dogs ,should be the same for you know who
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So now, not content with sanctioning those in receipt of benefit, you now want to dictate to those claimants what they can spend their meagre money they do receive on.

You really are a spanner sometimes.

As mentioned, how often do you watch tv about people on benefits who smoke, drink etc and then bleat they can't afford to eat properly?

Even when they do buy food, it's all ready meals / pizza's and other crap.
If they bought ingredients and actually bloody cooked, they'd have a lot more meals / food available. Not as if they don't have the time eh?
Some of us manage to go to work (which is paying for some of these lazy scroats) and still manage to cook when we get home!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

31-05-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

I do so enjoy your posts UJ, your comedic misinterpretation and misrepresentation on things always brings a smile....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:58 PM

It can be called poor choices but I'd say having been there myself but long before food banks a drink or a smoke sometimes is all you have and I don't begrudge anyone their little treat. It's funny how if anyone suggests taxing really rich people we are jealous but it feels to me some are just a tiny bit jealous of those who get money without working for it.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top