Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:39 AM

Re: Do you exercise?

Yay, I'll be at the gym at 11am on Monday!! I bet I'll be stiff as a board on Tuesday but it will be worth it.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

23-07-2020, 11:54 AM

I would never waste money on a gym. I have my daily walk before 7am, I do plenty of step ups. I reckon I could almost climb Everest the number of times I am up and down our stairs in a day as my study equipment is in my bedroom.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Yay, I'll be at the gym at 11am on Monday!! I bet I'll be stiff as a board on Tuesday but it will be worth it.
All the best for Monday Tachyon, don't go mad though....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:34 AM

I exercise daily..I have machines at home....at the moment I am resting,because I had a nasty fall....hopefully in a few days I will be back on my machines.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->

You go man....can’t beat exercise.
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Thanks OGF and Pauline. I've really missed the gym, I can tell you that. I'll start off with half the weights and keep the reps the same. I've been exercising at home, doing step-ups on the back stairs and using a variety of stretch bands for arms and legs, but it's no substitute. You can't beat free weights, machines and pulley work!

I had thought I'd be lucky to book a session (you can't just turn up now) but there are plenty of slots free.
Tachyon

25-07-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I would never waste money on a gym. I have my daily walk before 7am, I do plenty of step ups. I reckon I could almost climb Everest the number of times I am up and down our stairs in a day as my study equipment is in my bedroom.
I've been exercising at home - step-ups, stretch bands of various resistances for arms and legs, and of course walking as well - but I don't have the equipment required for a proper workout. The machines at my gym record the amount lifted and calories burnt and the last time I went there on March 12th the records show I moved 63,430 kilos and burnt 947 calories. and regrettably a daily walk and the step-ups and trips up and down the stairs in my home isn't going to do that for me.

That particular session lasted 104 minutes, though I won't be doing that on my first session because we are restricted to 1 hour sessions for the foreseeable future. I generally hit the gym 3 times a week, but because of the 1-hour session policy I have been told I can go every day if I so wish as long as I book a session each time. Not bad for a fiver a week.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 06:24 PM

FWIW, I do an hour or so most days with the dog(s). He runs and in out between the branches. Just my age........
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 08:39 PM

Until lockdown on March 25th..........I was swimming three times a week and doing two exercise classes pw. From lockdown on, I started doing a 15-20 minute youtube workout. That stopped in June when my son visited and we created a "bubble". Up to that time I was regularly walking at least a hour a day. Since the rules have been relaxed I've been walking with friends for about 3 hours and few times a week and now do just a 5 minute abs workout and the walking. Frankly, I don't miss swimming and my (slightly) torn shoulder ligament is much improved...........my hip arthritis is also massively improved, so I'm happy to continue without the leisure centre...........
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 05:20 AM

I can't wait to run again, but when the coffee table attacked me and broke my toe, it won and I lost. Tomorrow I am going to walk a track for the first time since Independence Day on July 4th. I am crossing my fingers...my toes - not so much .

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top