Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 08:56 AM

Re: Do you exercise?

Hi

Very little exercise since lockdown, which is a shame.

We are both awaiting NHS Treatments before we can get back to proper exercise.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 10:55 AM

Well done everyone, we could be compared to an animal coming out of hibernation, stretching, taking a deep breath, and setting back out on the road (or Gym) to fitness......
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:11 AM

Reading this thread tires me out..I think I might just have a nap before I have a large Sunday dinner...on the other hand that last donut looks like it needs eating then I could have a nap...sorted!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 05:06 PM

Had a lovely hour in the gym, but took it carefully, With no "proper" exercise since March I halved the weighs on arm and chest machines, but kept the same weights on everything else but did half the reps. I get the bus each way to the gym, but it also requires a 3 mile walk in total. I am tired but relaxed and happy.

Everyone was using sanitiser sprays and industrial tissues to wipe machines down after use and the machines were already far enough apart before the Covid outbreak to maintain social distancing. It was nice seeing some of the regulars again, too!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 08:15 PM

Well done Tachyon, I bet it was so good to be back in the saddle......
Was anyone wearing a mask? I personally would not wear one while exercising, but I have seen runners and cyclists out wearing them.
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 04:54 AM

No masks as they are not compulsory in a gym. I was impressed with the spraying, cleaning and social distancing though. Everyone was polite and good natured about it.
Tachyon

28-07-2020, 11:06 AM

I forgot to mention that they turned off the workout monitoring software so that people didn't have to use the central console in the gym. That was a good idea even though it meant I can't monitor my progress. Still the good old "pleasant ache in the muscles" sensation tells me I did ok. I'm back on Wednesday and again on Saturday and after that I'll go as many times a week as I can. I'm used to longer than an hour per session.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-07-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I forgot to mention that they turned off the workout monitoring software so that people didn't have to use the central console in the gym. That was a good idea even though it meant I can't monitor my progress. Still the good old "pleasant ache in the muscles" sensation tells me I did ok. I'm back on Wednesday and again on Saturday and after that I'll go as many times a week as I can. I'm used to longer than an hour per session.
You're an Animal Tachyon....
Tachyon

28-07-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You're an Animal Tachyon....
A very slow one, yes.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 05:17 AM

Nice going, Tachyon!

We have a local couple who are owners and trainers at one of our few local gyms who have been hit hard with the virus. Too eager and financially stretched, they reopened with no masks at the beginning of July. She is currently home sick with moderate symptoms and he is in an induced coma with a respirator. This second wave has bee tough. I'm just glad the beaches and trails are open so I can run with no one in sight.

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top