Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:26 PM

Re: More Brexit Doom and Gloom...... NOT !

Originally Posted by Bread ->
What on earth are you on about ???
You have to ask because you don't know as much as solasch. Education my boy, education. Go have a look how EU legislation is incorporated in national law. During the transition period the UK still has to.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You have to ask because you don't know as much as solasch. Education my boy, education. Go have a look how EU legislation is incorporated in national law. During the transition period the UK still has to.
It doesn't at all because we repealed the 1972 Communities Act when we left the EU.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Having dived into this thread, as I do on occasion, I'd be interested to learn what is, exactly, a 'dualist' or a 'unified state'.

I don't really want to read any 'explanation' that Solash should make, as I don't believe a word of what he writes, but if either of you other contributors could offer a clear explanation I'd be grateful.
Neither do I in the main.

In an attempt to answer your question I Googled "dualism" and found this Collins English Dictionary definition:

"1. the state of being twofold or double
2. philosophy
the doctrine, as opposed to idealism and materialism, that reality consists of two basic types of substance usually taken to be mind and matter or two basic types of entity, mental and physical
Compare monism
a. the theory that the universe has been ruled from its origins by two conflicting powers, one good and one evil, both existing as equally ultimate first causes
b. the theory that there are two personalities, one human and one divine, in Christ".

I'm none the wiser either

In any case, I do remember reading that quite a number of EU directives and regulations were being written and rubber-stamped straight into UK law during the WA negotiation period. I don't know if this continues today. I also remember reading that although this large amount of EU crap was being accepted then, it was also stated at the time, it would not necessarily remain in force once we had completely left the aegis of the EU at the end of this year.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Neither do I in the main.

In an attempt to answer your question I Googled "dualism" and found this Collins English Dictionary definition:

"1. the state of being twofold or double
2. philosophy
the doctrine, as opposed to idealism and materialism, that reality consists of two basic types of substance usually taken to be mind and matter or two basic types of entity, mental and physical
Compare monism
a. the theory that the universe has been ruled from its origins by two conflicting powers, one good and one evil, both existing as equally ultimate first causes
b. the theory that there are two personalities, one human and one divine, in Christ".

I'm none the wiser either

In any case, I do remember reading that quite a number of EU directives and regulations were being written and rubber-stamped straight into UK law during the WA negotiation period. I don't know if this continues today. I also remember reading that although this large amount of EU crap was being accepted then, it was also stated at the time, it would not necessarily remain in force once we had completely left the aegis of the EU at the end of this year.
Yes. A language definition, a philosophical definition and, of course, a religious definition, but no political definition!

All I know, or I think I know, is that it is also some sort of EU definition, but I suppose the EU like to throw around all sorts of words that mean nothing to most of us in the hope that they can confuse us or, more likely, distract from something that they are doing.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It doesn't at all because we repealed the 1972 Communities Act when we left the EU.
As always when you refer to legal matters, wrong.

European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020

2020 CHAPTER 1

An Act to implement, and make other provision in connection with, the agreement between the United Kingdom and the EU under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union which sets out the arrangements for the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the EU.

[23rd January 2020]

Be it enacted*by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

PART 1Implementation period
Saved law for implementation period

1Saving of ECA for implementation period

After section 1 of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (repeal of the European Communities Act 1972) insert—

“Savings for implementation period

1ASaving for ECA for implementation period

(1)Subsections*(2)*to*(4)*have effect despite the repeal of the European Communities Act 1972 on exit day by section 1.

(2)The European Communities Act 1972, as it has effect in domestic law or the law of a relevant territory immediately before exit day, continues to have effect in domestic law or the law of the relevant territory on and after exit day so far as provided by subsections*(3)*to*(5).

(3)The Act of 1972 has effect on and after exit day as if —

Should you want to read it for yourself, here it is to be found.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...acted/data.htm
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-05-2020, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes. A language definition, a philosophical definition and, of course, a religious definition, but no political definition!

All I know, or I think I know, is that it is also some sort of EU definition, but I suppose the EU like to throw around all sorts of words that mean nothing to most of us in the hope that they can confuse us or, more likely, distract from something that they are doing.
Look at post 71, there is a link to the site of your government, explaining. It may be too difficult for you to comprehend, because as you state, you delved into this thread, but apparently failed to recognize the explanation as such.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 03:05 PM

He's totally ignored the fact that this can be REPEALED as and when we want to repeal it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-05-2020, 03:12 PM

He's totally ignored the fact that this can be REPEALED as and when we want to repeal it.
Repealing the bill that enacted the UK's withdrawal from the EU.
Percy, I hadn't expected YOU to be longing to return into the EU. But, welcome back boy!
Percy Vere

27-05-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Repealing the bill that enacted the UK's withdrawal from the EU.
Percy, I hadn't expected YOU to be longing to return into the EU. But, welcome back boy!
Bugger off. There is no way on this earth that I would want that bill repealing and you know it! I was referring to any and all the crap being enacted by rubber stamp.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-05-2020, 03:41 PM

Bugger off. There is no way on this earth that I would want that bill repealing and you know it! I was referring to any and all the crap being enacted by rubber stamp.

Good lord, man! What you refer to as crap, is the sovereignty you brexiteers so desperately craved. What it was all about. And you crap it?

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top