Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 01:33 PM

Re: We Are Being Taken For Right Mugs!

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Or for that matter how many are carrying COVID-19 and then being wherever they finish up spreading the virus. From TV footage of how many are in France living so close together this I reckon is a definite possibility. Haven't we got enough problems in this country already?

Even if everyone of them had covid (every 300 of them), it would not significantly increase the number of cases in the UK (nearing 300,000). The migrants would increase the number by one promille (1/1,000). Female hysteria in a male?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Even if everyone of them had covid (every 300 of them), it would not significantly increase the number of cases in the UK (nearing 300,000). The migrants would increase the number by one promille (1/1,000). Female hysteria in a male?
Who mentioned 300? Certainly not me. Gender, what has that to do with anything? Hysteria in a male? Again that's not me. I have been around long enough to see what has happened to this country and it's not good. Also I look at figures over the longer term, some of which can be found in the links below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50420307

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pre...-uk-every-year
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its not helping that border force and the french are helping out with human trafficking either.

January 1st 2021 we can stop all this nonsense and we dam well should
Under United Nations rules a refugee can ask for asylum in the country of choice. So all of these in the EU will be aided in reaching the UK if that is the country where they want to ask asylum. We may set up a special part of the eurostar for this purpose.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-05-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Who mentioned 300? Certainly not me. Gender, what has that to do with anything? Hysteria in a male? Again that's not me. I have been around long enough to see what has happened to this country and it's not good. Also I look at figures over the longer term, some of which can be found in the links below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50420307

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pre...-uk-every-year
The point being that at this point in the spread in the UK, with 300.000 cases, to make a difference, the number of immigrants entering in a week need to be in the thousands, and it isn't. So you needn't be worried about covid risks by immigration. They bring far worse things in the form of religious beliefs.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 02:51 PM

"Champagne" was invented by us Brits I think. I'll have a google but I'm sure it originated here and ended up in France.

EDIT

Yeah ... here you go Percy !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-39963098
Thanks, Bread. Great find
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-05-2020, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Thanks, Bread. Great find
The best part of the article is where the british can't make up their minds on the name of their drink. Four centuries later it took four years just to say goodbye to fellow countries. It really is in the genes.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-05-2020, 03:28 PM

"Champagne" was invented by us Brits I think. I'll have a google but I'm sure it originated here and ended up in France.

EDIT

Yeah ... here you go Percy !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-39963098
Not bad bread, for your standards. Only wrong by two thousand years. If you had googled a bit better, you would have found out about puccino, the sparkling wine of the romans.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 03:35 PM

Don't believe him Bread. He's got his facts wrong AGAIN! What the Romans drank was NOT champagne as we understand it. It wasn't made according to méthode champenoise so, it couldn't be classed as a champagne-type wine.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-05-2020, 03:46 PM

Don't believe him Bread. He's got his facts wrong AGAIN! What the Romans drank was NOT champagne as we understand it. It wasn't made according to méthode champenoise so, it couldn't be classed as a champagne-type wine.
Prosecco was there before either of them. The delightful bubbly Prosecco we know and love today came from the village of Prosecco, a suburb of Trieste. The name “prosecco” is actually Slovenian, from prozek, or “path through the woods.” (Prior to being called Prosecco, the region was known as Puccino.) Today, Prosecco production extends beyond the small village, but this is where it all began.
The Glera grape, which grew well in the Prosecco region and became the basis for Prosecco, was grown in Ancient Rome. In fact, in his*Natural History, Pliny the Elder—who died in 79 AD—talks of Julia Augusta, “who gave the credit for her eighty-six years of life to the wine of Pizzino.” (In the Latin, on the opposite side, it actually says “Pucino vino,” as in Puccino, as in Prosecco.) So yeah, that’s major street cred.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-05-2020, 03:50 PM

Sounding a little desperate for your little friend, mind telling why?

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top