Join for free
Page 10 of 33 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 03:00 PM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

I had 4 today, all recorded messages about my internet being closed down. The cheeky sods even left a message while I was out. I was expecting a call about something else, instead I got the usual crap!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 09:03 AM

I had that one about my Microsoft Windows and there was a problem with my computer. I kept him going for quite a while. (When I am playing with them they are not bothering someone else). Funny. When I mentioned that it was a scam, he rang off.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 09:44 AM

I don't know whether it's because I keep blocking their numbers. that they keep pestering me with different ones, like it's a challenge to them, that I won't play ball. Had another this morning, straight into the blocked list. Hopefully they'll run out of numbers!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:10 PM

I had a call yesterday and, expecting a genuine call, picked up the phone.
The voice asked, "Is that Mr ****?" (Wrong surname).
As usual, I asked, "Who's calling, please?" To which the caller hung up. Didn't even bother to try to convince me he was calling from a genuine company.
Of course, I'd never tell them my name, as it would only add to their list of potential victims.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:57 AM

Had a call from the isle of Skye yesterday,didn't answer but looked the number up,started with 01471.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Had a call from the isle of Skye yesterday,didn't answer but looked the number up,started with 01471.
Good God, even the Scots are at it now!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:40 AM

Just had on saying a new account has been added on our HSBC account with account number

Contacted HSBC and it is a scam. seems several companies are reporting thje same thing
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:58 AM

Bring back Cash! At least they have to knock you over the head to get it....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I don't know whether it's because I keep blocking their numbers. that they keep pestering me with different ones, like it's a challenge to them, that I won't play ball. Had another this morning, straight into the blocked list. Hopefully they'll run out of numbers!

I have found the same John. Block one number and they just use another one. Swines, aren't they.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:27 PM

I don't often applaud TalkTalk, but in the topic of scam calls they have a system that has worked well for me.
If somebody calls from a new number they are told to say who they are & I then have the option to press
1.... if I want to accept calls from this person,
2.... if I don't know who they are but just want to accept this call to find out
3.... if i wont accept the call, and they are prevented from calling again.
Since this system was set up, maybe 2 years ago, I have nit had any scam calls or people trying to sell me things, so when I have to answer the phone it is always somebody I want to speak to or it is something important!

Page 10 of 33 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top