Join for free
Page 9 of 33 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

Originally Posted by summer ->
Terrible isn't it Mups I have always said if they put their minds to legitimate activities they would all be millionaire's.
I think that's their aim: to make themselves millionaires by scamming people!

I think that when they are caught, they should be given hard labour for six months - for no payment.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think that's their aim: to make themselves millionaires by scamming people!

I think that when they are caught, they should be given hard labour for six months - for no payment.
One day, there'll be an app where we''l be able to push a button, as soon as we spot a scam, and the PC of the Scammer will explode.

All the scams come from an ip address, somewhere, and I wonder why, even in spite of encryption,we can't manage to track many of them down.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Terrible isn't it Mups I have always said if they put their minds to legitimate activities they would all be millionaire's.

Yes, I think the same as you, Summer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
One day, there'll be an app where we''l be able to push a button, as soon as we spot a scam, and the PC of the Scammer will explode.

All the scams come from an ip address, somewhere, and I wonder why, even in spite of encryption,we can't manage to track many of them down.
Strange, isn't it, how we hear of our secret security services managing to monitor people's computers, yet they don't seem able to track down these criminals?

Or perhaps they have better things to do.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 07:19 PM

I got a scam today for. HM courts

The email was very authentic looking ( I can’t get it to copy on here but here is the text .

ITS A SCAM .

https://penaltynotice.homeoffice.gov...CTS_BLK_NC.png
Total cost:
£12.24

For the following: the use of a vehicle on a road in the charging area which a charging scheme applies without payment of the appropriate charge, at the date and timestarted below

Date: 26.09.2020
Time: 16:24 PM

If you do not respond before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of service of this notice a charge certificate may be issued which would increase the penalty charge to £48.96 GBP.

Failure to then pay the increased penalty charge may result in the outstanding balance being registered as a debt in the County Court

You have 14 days beginning with the date of service of this notice to pay the discounted penalty charge of £12.24. if this is not paid by 15/10/2020 then the full penalty charge of £24.48 is payable.

Penalty Charge Notice Number:
YYJ18488219911

Automated payment reference:

How to pay your Penalty Charge

To pay by Credit or Debit Card

1. Click here to pay by card online & click on Pay a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Click here to pay
This is the quickest and easiest way to pay and receive a receipt as your payment is immediately credited to Charge Notice

Contact Centre

1.Telephone 0343 222 3331 (temporarily unavailable)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

The email was very authentic looking ( I can’t get it to copy on here but here is the text .

ITS A SCAM .

Total cost:
£12.24

For the following: the use of a vehicle on a road in the charging area which a charging scheme applies without payment of the appropriate charge, at the date and timestarted below

If you do not respond before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of service of this notice a charge certificate may be issued which would increase the penalty charge to £48.96 GBP.

Failure to then pay the increased penalty charge may result in the outstanding balance being registered as a debt in the County Court

You have 14 days beginning with the date of service of this notice to pay the discounted penalty charge of £12.24. if this is not paid by 15/10/2020 then the full penalty charge of £24.48 is payable.

YYJ18488219911

1. Click here to pay by card online & click on Pay a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Click here to pay
This is the quickest and easiest way to pay and receive a receipt as your payment is immediately credited to Charge Notice

Contact Centre

It's the last two words that give it away.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 07:47 PM

ITS A SCAM .

Total cost:
£12.24

YYJ18488219911

Click here to pay

Contact Centre

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/03432223331
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-10-2020, 08:44 PM

ITS A SCAM .

Total cost:
£12.24

YYJ18488219911

Click here to pay

Contact Centre

I think it's fortunate that scammers don't seem to be very good at English!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think it's fortunate that scammers don't seem to be very good at English!
Odd that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 10:34 PM

I loathe the lot of 'em.

Page 9 of 33 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top