Join for free
Page 371 of 505 « First < 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 11:43 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Mups it hasn’t been agreed upon by those studying the subject .Incubation period of up to 24 days?

The incubation period has been found to be as long as 24 days (range: 0-24 days; median: 3.0 days) in a study published on February 9. [11]

The WHO said in a press conference on February 10 that:

a very long incubation period could reflect a double exposure.
24 days represented an outlier observation that must be taken into consideration in the context of the main finding of the study.
WHO is not considering changing recommendations regarding incubation periods.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

If that's the case Swim, all the protesters will be brought down with the virus (at least one person with the virus must have attended the party) or at least the infected figures should go up and over the roof....They seem to be going down though.....
I really do hope so.

These idiots are of absolutely no benefit to this country and, in fact, are nothing but a drain on our resources.

We really don't need them and I for one would be glad to hear of the demise of many of them.

Yes, I'm quite prepared now for the inevitable humanist criticism of my statement.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Mups it hasn’t been agreed upon by those studying the subject .Incubation period of up to 24 days?

The incubation period has been found to be as long as 24 days (range: 0-24 days; median: 3.0 days) in a study published on February 9. [11]

The WHO said in a press conference on February 10 that:

a very long incubation period could reflect a double exposure.
24 days represented an outlier observation that must be taken into consideration in the context of the main finding of the study.
WHO is not considering changing recommendations regarding incubation periods.

Ah, thanks very much.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Given their behaviour, many of those attending may have been infected previously. The fall in infections indicates there may be some period of immunity once you have had the disease. Which is good news. Impossible to tell until everyone has had an antibody test. They are basing scale on symptomatic cases.
Given the amount of protesters and in so many varied locations, I would be very surprised if many of the protesters had already been infected Annie. Only in London where there have been more infections than the rest of the country put together would that be the case.

I still maintain that Covid19 is not as infectious as we have been led to believe, however, for some the mortality rates are excessive.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 11:01 PM

Given the amount of protesters and in so many varied locations, I would be very surprised if many of the protesters had already been infected Annie. Only in London where there have been more infections than the rest of the country put together would that be the case.

I still maintain that Covid19 is not as infectious as we have been led to believe, however, for some the mortality rates are excessive.
We don't know that for sure OGF. While London had a head start it has spread through the country sharpish and it will be interesting to see whether other regions will see an increase post demo. My own view is that the power of the virus is waning due to lockdown. A virus needs hosts. It's like a parasite. It's like a forest fire. You create a break in the wall and it loses it's impetus. The trouble with containing disease is that people will say exactly what you are saying. If you do nothing then it's a different story. Of course it's less infectious with a lockdown. Of course with a lockdown you have lower mortality. Most of us have not been affected because of lockdown. But this is a very nasty disease. Look at Kate Garroway's husband.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 05:26 AM

Global Cases 7,199,306
Global Deaths 408,734

Australia
Cases 7,267
Deaths 102
Critical 2
Cases per Million 285

UK
Cases 287,399
Deaths 40,597
Critical 516
Cases per Million 4,235

USA
Cases 2,026,493
Deaths 113,055
Critical 16,907
Cases per Million 6,124

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:18 AM

Also Malaysia and Singapore both hot countries, there are hardly any flu epidemics in blighty in the summer....
Did someone post that the virus can't survive over a certain temperature...?

And could it be that our NHS can keep people going long into old age when they would have passed away long ago in some other country where the health service is admission only with cash....Look at the USA
I'm afraid you are very, very wrong. I have outstanding health coverage and I don't pay a penny. A few years back I had a gall bladder removed. I paid ZERO. A few years prior, I had 4 stents placed in my heart. I paid ZERO. Moreover, if I have an urgent need, I can walk into my clinic and be seen by my personal physician on that day. I pay ZERO.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A question here if I may.

Does anybody know the incubation period for Covid?
The figures are all over the scale. However, the most commonly stated figure is a 5 day incubation period.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I'm afraid you are very, very wrong. I have outstanding health coverage and I don't pay a penny. A few years back I had a gall bladder removed. I paid ZERO. A few years prior, I had 4 stents placed in my heart. I paid ZERO. Moreover, if I have an urgent need, I can walk into my clinic and be seen by my personal physician on that day. I pay ZERO.
Does everyone in the USA have the same benefits as you bakerman?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Presumably, then, you have health insurance.

We in this country believe that in America there is a clear distinction between the health provisions for those with insurance (or pots of their own money) and those without either. A 'two tier' health service.

Is this not the case?

Page 371 of 505 « First < 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top