Join for free
Page 457 of 487 « First < 357 407 447 455 456 457 458 459 467 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 12:29 PM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Well, fingers crossed (have I said that before?) the heating seems to be working OK now after another two hour visit from the engineer, who confessed that he had a couple of wires connected wrongly. (He found out from an electrician friend who was supposed to come with him on Saturday but couldn't at the last minute). Of course, now it is working well it is a glorious day and we don't actually need it on!)

Picked up a friend to go and stand in the village for a neighbour's funeral yesterday. Boy did it rain. Stair rods didn't come into it. Needless to say, despite big umbrellas, we got soaked, was glad to get home and warm up again.

Enjoy your jab Rhosyn.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 09:08 PM

how you all keeping?

just moved again,into a bungallow in Pontyates,,,no stairs lol.
still waiting for my jab,so still in hiding,,stay safe
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:27 AM

Hello Doctor.So you're in the Gwendraeth Valley-I was brought up in Pontyberem, had a very happy childhood there.One of my best friend lives in Pontyates.Hope you settle in there.
Did you have any side affects after your jab Sue? I had a headache yesterday afternoon and didn't feel too good.Took some paracetamol and had a snooze on the settee.My arm is really sore but that's a small price to pay to be safe.Taking it easy today.
Take care.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 12:46 PM

Welcome back Doc. We seem to be three musketeers on here, nice to see an "old" face popping in. I envy you the bungalow....

No side effects whatsoever from my jab Rhosyn (Pfizer). Forgotten I'd had it 24 hours later. Did they give me a placebo I wonder?

Trying to decide whether or not to brave a journey to Aldi in Llandrindod. Resent having to make up to £40 for Asda so that I don't have to pay an additional charge. I can do it once in a while, but not every week.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 11:42 AM

Heavy drizzle this morning.
Been experimenting with my new toy-a soup maker.Did think a soup maker was a daft idea but I've been converted.You can either make chunky or smooth soup.
Took me a couple of days to get over the covid jab.Know some people who've had no side affects and some have had bad ones.
Six nations rugby starts today but it's tomorrow we play.
Stay safe.
Sweetsue
midWales

06-02-2021, 12:44 PM

Glad you're feeling better Rhosyn. Lots of soup, that's the answer!

Had an exciting afternoon yesterday. Chris' wobbly tooth finally came out - he was going to have to have it extracted to allow a second one to come down so we're quite pleased that he managed to get it out on his own. And my middle son has finally trimmed my garden hedges (shoemakers children are always the worst shod!) He likes to get all his hedge trimming done by Christmas (and has another chap doing it for him as well) but they've had so much work on this year that it's lingered on. Can't be bad can it?

Looking forward to the rugby this weekend. Won't the stadiums look strange being empty? The players must find it very odd.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 01:03 PM

A wet and cold one
Feeling really lousy so not up to much .
take care xxx
rhosyn
South Wales

07-02-2021, 12:27 PM

Dry and bright earlier on now starting to cloud over.
Looking forward to the game this afternoon.So pleased for Scotland yesterday.Eddie Jones didn't half throw his toys out of the pram after the result!
Hope you'll be feeling better soon Jac.Take care.
Pob lwc Cymru.It'll be strange in the stadium without the crowd.Will have to sing louder on the settee.
Stay safe.
Sweetsue
midWales

07-02-2021, 06:42 PM

Eldst grandson is 16 today so went over after lunch to watch the game with them. Thought Wales played a lot better in the defense dept. than back in the autumn, but the lineout needs some attention! Had a slice of birthday cake but have come home now to keep in the warm. (Was going to stay for a Chinese later, but thought I'd get home and stay in the warm while the going was good).

Hope you're feeling better Jac.
rhosyn
South Wales

08-02-2021, 10:43 AM

Very cold out this morning-sky looks full of snow but it's not on the forecast.
Glad we won yesterday but it wasn't an inspiring game of rugby.
Staying put today.
Stay safe.

Page 457 of 487 « First < 357 407 447 455 456 457 458 459 467 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top