Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Re: In this heat, how do you sleep?

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Naked with just a sheet and the windows open.
Sounds perfect! I'd love to be able to leave my windows open...

Originally Posted by carol ->
We can't open the windows because we live on a busy main road & traffic noise goes on late into the night & starts early morning.

We sleep naked with just an Egyptian cotton sheet for cover & an oscillating fan left on all night.

On extremely hot nights I get the camp bed out & sleep downstairs where it's many degrees cooler. This is on my own - Tony remains in the bedroom. He can stand the heat better than I can..
Similar to us Carol, so the fan is on all night same as you. I don't blame you decamping (pun intended ) to the living room if it's cooler. I would definitely do the same!

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Is reverse cycle / ducted air con popular there?
Used on dry cycle instead of cool its pretty cheap except when its humid as well as 35 degrees at night. Couldnt sleep without it.
I've no idea keezoy, don't really know anything about aircon, because it simply isn't necessary here except for just a few days a year. There have been exceptions, of course, but those years are rare.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I sleep the same as normal, like a log. The heat does not stop me sleeping at all.

Two duvets but last night, l threw one off!
I had a nightie, a cardie and one sock on too!

All the above is true. I just have a different body thermostat to everyone else.

I gave my tall fan away, years ago. I had it on all night as my ex partner used to get very hot.
The blooming thing blew on me and dried my eyes up. I couldn’t open them in the morning!!
Oh my goodness, I'm feeling hot just thinking about that! But it's true some people do have a different body thermostat - my daughter sleeps under 15togs all the year round. It just horrifies me, I don't know how she copes, but she says she never notices, even on the hottest nights.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Shhh, they aren’t married yet!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:18 PM

For some reason I feel naked and uncomfortable if I sleep in the buff.

I have to wear a bra in bed as well as pyjamas and knickers..only because my chest is to heavy and uncomfortable to go without.
I have a small frame.
I also have the bed covers on intermittently , on off on off you know what I mean.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Haven't got to the point of having a quick rinse in a cool shower before hitting the sack. But this tends to help.
Yes, I've been known to do that on very hot nights - it really does help.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Window open, fan on medium speed, and just one sheet.

Our heat pumps also cool but we only run the one in the living room from mid afternoon to bed time unless it's really hot.
Sounds about right TAT, but I do envy you being able to have a window open. I even tried once having mine open and wearing earplugs, but I hated them so much I couldn't even get to sleep!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

18-07-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
For some reason I feel naked and uncomfortable if I sleep in the buff.

I have to wear a bra in bed as well as pyjamas and knickers..only because my chest is to heavy and uncomfortable to go without.
I have a small frame.
I also have the bed covers on intermittently , on off on off you know what I mean.
Yes I know just what you mean pauline - I feel kind of vulnerable and exposed if I'm wearing nothing, and nothing over me. (You know - that childhood thing of the monsters getting me )

But I have trained myself to tolerate it because otherwise I simply overheat and can't sleep anyway!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:23 PM

I sleep horizontally
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:30 PM

I fall asleep completely naked, no covers, and spreadeagled, mind you, the manager of the furniture department in m&s wasn’t impressed…..
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Same as normal - PJs/nightie and quilt?

PJs/nightie and just a sheet?

PJs/nightie and nothing over you?

Butt naked with a quilt?

Butt naked with just a sheet?

Butt naked with nothing over you?

Windows open and fan going all night? Or just windows with no fan?
I sleep like a Bog!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 03:20 PM

I am so glad I put thermal linings in most of my curtains , they keep the heat in during the winter and the sun out in the summer.

At bed time the upstairs windows are all open to get a through draught and I turn back the bedclothes and lay on a cotton sheet in a cotton nightdress . No problem sleeping except for Chloe changing her sleeping place.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 03:22 PM

My dog goes and sleeps in the bathroom, because its so tiny it doesn't have a window in it. So its the coldest room in the house at bedtime.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top