Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 07:30 PM

Re: What is his Christian Name?

Yes, I agree that Britain is officially a Christian country. However published data tells us that this is not necessarily reflected by the beliefs of the population. I don't understand why this should be regarded as so controversial, it's simply a statement of fact. It seems implicit in what you say Rainbow that erosion of Christian beliefs will lead us to a collapse of moral values and "the unity of our institutions" etc etc. This reminds me of an elderly Aunt of mine, who claimed to be staunch Roman Catholic, who used to use the word "Athesist" as a swear word, as if the lack of belief in God is something terrible to behold. Why should this be the case? Why is that people with strong Christian beliefs seem to think this way?
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Topaz and mrmojorisin, If either of you are searching for specific answers to any type of question relating to God, may I suggest that you go along to an Alpha Group that will be advertised at a great many Churches annually.

There is no obligation on your part to stay the full distance. Every type of query and issue will be addressed, along with your own thoughts and comments.

At the end of the Alpha, you can decide your own conclusions... no one else can do that.

Rainbow x
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

14-02-2011, 08:55 PM

LOL

Actualy Rainbow , I wasnt - and I have no idea why you thought i might - but now you come to mention it I do happen to have a few questions about Hindu Gods I would like some answers to .

Would this " Alpha Group " you speak of be able to answer some very specific ones on that topic , or are they limited in which Gods you may want to discuss with them ?

mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 05:49 PM

Alpha Group...No Thanks! I'm intensely irritated by nerdy, holier than thou do gooders who believe they can save me from a life of sin. I take great pleasure, much to the annoyance of my Wife, in winding up Preachers who happen be unfortunate enough to knock on our door. JWs are particularly good sport !

I mentioned that I have a great interest in religion, indeed I do, I've read widely on the subject. It doesn't mean to imply that I'm searching for answers about God in religion. On the same basis Mein Kampf and Nazism were my topic of study recently, but it doesn't mean to imply I would like to become a Nazi !!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top