Join for free
Page 26 of 28 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:31 PM

Re: Why are people so surprised?

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hi. Have read a few posts on here, but not all. In answer to the question regarding which way I voted, and why.... I voted out for the very simple reason that I don't like being told what to do and think by people I have no input into whether they hold office. To do so would be to abdicate my own moral, ethical and intellectual principles of free thought and self governance.
A fair number of the Welsh and Scottish have the same sentiment regarding Westminster as indeed do a couple of Yorkshiremen I know
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by dextrous63 ->
hi. Have read a few posts on here, but not all. In answer to the question regarding which way i voted, and why.... I voted out for the very simple reason that i don't like being told what to do and think by people i have no input into whether they hold office. To do so would be to abdicate my own moral, ethical and intellectual principles of free thought and self governance.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
A fair number of the Welsh and Scottish have the same sentiment regarding Westminster as indeed do a couple of Yorkshiremen I know
Really, I seem to recall that when Scotland had a democratic vote on whether to leave the UK.. they voted "NO". Then, because some didn't like the result of that referendum, they started to look for reasons to have another referendum on the same topic

The remainers are doing the same thing, just because they didn't get their own way..... so if we want to live in a democratic country, where the majority vote wins, we have to accept that we can't all have our own way!

If we continue with theses childish attitudes, where everybody expects to get their own way, we will end up with civil war. I wouldn't then be surprised if the winners didn't choose a dictator as a leader, because they liked his current ideas. We all know how the rest of the world react to dictators, apart from the countries that have one.... because they have to do as they are told!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:57 AM

Hi
Totally agree.

I would go further, any one, who like JRM who has moved his operations abroad should be be prohibited from voting.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Totally agree.

I would go further, any one, who like JRM who has moved his operations abroad should be be prohibited from voting.
Not all obviously but perhaps some are intending to come back if the EU are out of our lives. Aside from that anyone British person living here should have had a vote. I would personally have extended that to anyone willing to adopt the country as their home, not just her economically but ready to set down roots and make this their forever home. I know several from Europe should have IMO had a vote, they will never go back to their home country as this is their home now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Totally agree.

Look around you.

If I, like JRM, had a big business I'd certainly take my operations abroad, quite simply because this country has had it.

Why? Several reasons.

Primarily, we don't have a competent government. They are only in power because we have a very dangerous opposition which no-one in their right minds would vote for.

Crime is growing out of hand, the reasons being a lack of police and pointless judiciary. The latest report of our minister for prisons is for all sentences of 6 months or less in prison to be overturned and those criminals not to be sent to prison.

Our transport infrastructure is becoming hopeless. Our businessmen involved cannot be trusted and, once again, our unions are growing in strength and striking regularly.

Another union in Walsall has refused to empty bins for the past seven weeks and the place is an absolute tip.

I could go on and list ever more problems, but I'm so fed up with it that I just think "why bother".

Yes, I'd be off abroad in the wink of an eye. This country's had it.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hi. Have read a few posts on here, but not all. In answer to the question regarding which way I voted, and why.... I voted out for the very simple reason that I don't like being told what to do and think by people I have no input into whether they hold office. To do so would be to abdicate my own moral, ethical and intellectual principles of free thought and self governance.

So, because you don't like being told what to do you are willing to put the economy of the whole nation at risk.

That is unforgivable.

You don't even understand that you DO have input in to who holds office in a democratic way.

Your free thought is vitally important but does not overrule the well being of all.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Look around you.

If I, like JRM, had a big business I'd certainly take my operations abroad, quite simply because this country has had it.

Why? Several reasons.

Primarily, we don't have a competent government. They are only in power because we have a very dangerous opposition which no-one in their right minds would vote for.

Crime is growing out of hand, the reasons being a lack of police and pointless judiciary. The latest report of our minister for prisons is for all sentences of 6 months or less in prison to be overturned and those criminals not to be sent to prison.

Our transport infrastructure is becoming hopeless. Our businessmen involved cannot be trusted and, once again, our unions are growing in strength and striking regularly.

Another union in Walsall has refused to empty bins for the past seven weeks and the place is an absolute tip.

I could go on and list ever more problems, but I'm so fed up with it that I just think "why bother".

Oh! and all that is down to the EU is it?

May I suggest Antarctica to be begin your new life?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Look around you.

Why? Several reasons.

goodbye 👋
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:53 AM

Look around you.

Why? Several reasons.

Ahhhh - so you're going to be one of those detested immigrants !!! Bye !!!

Page 26 of 28 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top