Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:16 AM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Doesn’t the world belong to everyone?
We are just passerby’s...on a short visit.
Well that sounds very philanthropic.
In that context, of course the world belongs to everyone .. but most usually the one at any particular moment in time holding the power or the Title deeds laying claim to any particular sod of earth.

I'm sure when cavemen energetically ran out with their spears to catch lunch they too thought the world belongs to everyone ...
(Except the lame or weak one who couldn't hunt and so was left with no food to die) .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How does one apply for Canadian citizenship Bratti?
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry. They have their own problems.
Years back on a Canadian forum I got the distinct impression that many Canadians simply wished the Chinese living there ..... were not there.

At the time I was telling them how many Polish were coming to the UK and they offered to swap with me, because as they said, at least Poles were 'white' Caucasian.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry. They have their own problems.
Years back on a Canadian forum I got the distinct impression that many Canadians simply wished the Chinese living there ..... were not there.

At the time I was telling them how many Polish were coming to the UK and they offered to swap with me, because as they said, at least Poles were 'white' Caucasian.
Yes of course they have their own problems. My comment was tongue in cheek because it seems our little island is getting mighty confused about its identity and anywhere else seems to be an easier place to exist right now. Plus Canada has nice scenery, legalised marijuana and a more handsome leader. However, it is also known for a society that caused Rush to coin the phrase "conform or be cast out".

You'd think though that after a pandemic (which is not quite yet over) people would have developed a little more tolerance of all those on our lovely planet. Seems that being kept away from people has given some an aversion to anyone who looks different from their social bubble.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:23 AM

You have to feel sorry for the kids suffering from this abuse.

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
I can’t see any other way of interpreting this comment than as racist with hidden references to Ubermensch and Untermensch
I can't speak for TAT, obviously. But..

If one accepts that racism exists, the one accepts there are different races. In which case, one is creating a classification system, in which case there must (presumably) be differentiating criteria for each race. So races cannot be the same. Ergo, they are not equal.

The concept of accepting "different" does not imply more/less desirable nor superior/inferior.

Presumably "races" have historically evolved through adapting to environmental factors, which has naturally led to different geographic cultural histories?

The only real problem arises when different racial groups try to impose discrimination upon others, irrespective of which type.

I would argue that there is no such thing as "good discrimination" on the principle that in order to be pro something, one automatically is simultaneously being anti something else. And vice versa.

Hence why movements which wish to force the issue of racial equality are fundamentally flawed.

Humans are not equal by the very nature of individuality.

IMHO, the only real "final" solution is to accept this, avoid castigating anyone for their perceived differences (subject to them not being sociopathic and hence willing to abide by the agreed rules/laws of the land they choose to live in), and provide a level playing field in terms of equality of opportunity for them to survive and potentially flourish.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
To be honest I think if the lad who took the penalty was white twitter would have been just as bad, the lad who missed the penalty would have been torn apart. Just so happens he was black so race has been brought into it. Racism is not only one sided.

Like someone else on here said, black or white treat me right and I respect you, do wrong and I wont respect you .
That’s what I think LQ .

Racism is not only one sided . I have lived abroad for most of my life and have received remarks about being white . Once I was out in the Carribean with a black friend and we were in a bike repair shop. The shopkeeper struck up a conversation. abous food and diabetes ( rife in some parts of the Carribeab because of the diet ) ie rum being mainly liquid sugar but no it’s was the fault of the white people whose who had made blacks slaves eat white food .ok but that was 200 years ago you can eat healthily now ! I have received plenty of racist crap but try not to dwell on it especially if I am a guest in someone else’s country . The U.K. is not full of racists it’s still a tolerant country .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:05 AM

[QUOTE=Bruce;2125688]You have to feel sorry for the kids suffering from this abuse.

Yes you do but Bruce when I first went to Australia several decades ago I was shocked at the racist remarks and treatment of the Aboriginal people there .
These were black people in their own land being treated appallingly .
So Australia hasn’t always been the tolerant place that it is and the aboriginal people still make up the most disadvantaged group of people in the country .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You make an excellent point.

It has been claimed, and supported with evidence, that black people are represented in the media in numbers greatly in excess of their actual numerical proportion in the population.

Not just in Coronation Street either!

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if many black people find this rather patronising rather than supportive. They're not stupid; they know what's going on!

Black people do very well .... lawyers, doctors, teachers etc.

The problem we have 24 hours a day is the media and in particular social media, censoring opinions through media conditioning.

The BBC have done it for years with cultural Marxism in programmes such as East Enders.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:55 AM

Talk of the devil ...

https://foxhole.news/2021/07/14/watc...d-says-farage/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

14-07-2021, 08:18 AM

Nothing wrong with that IMO .
Why do the media keep going on about Twitter .
Who are these people most people I know don’t spend their lives on Twitter .

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top