Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:04 PM

New House New Project

I thought it might be fun for some before and after pictures. These are a few pictures of the sitting room in my new house what these pics don’t show you are that there are damp patches on the ceiling the windows are rotten and the wire grids under the niches each side of the fireplace house radiators in an enormous void .... no heat whatsoever actually gets into the room at all which is interesting. Lots to do... understatement of the year 😊

I thought I might also make you all jealous with my state of the art kitchen... note the massive crack on the far window wall.... that’s air conditioning 😊 actually this wall wont be there when its extended so problem solved .

Dont expect fast after pictures as I’m not even moving for about 6 weeks as I have other things going on. I fell in love with this house though its very pretty..... forgot to say my surveyor tells me there is woodworm in the roof beams... blinking heck!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	lounge.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	14609   Click image for larger version

Name:	lounge1.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	14610   Click image for larger version

Name:	lounge2.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	14611   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	14612  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:19 PM

Re: New House New Project

I like the state-of-the-art Status Stores kitchen with the cooker panel fitted so high above the oven that you'd need a step-ladder to turn it on and off.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I thought it might be fun for some before and after pictures. These are a few pictures of the sitting room in my new house what these pics don’t show you are that there are damp patches on the ceiling the windows are rotten and the wire grids under the niches each side of the fireplace house radiators in an enormous void .... no heat whatsoever actually gets into the room at all which is interesting. Lots to do... understatement of the year 😊

I thought I might also make you all jealous with my state of the art kitchen... note the massive crack on the far window wall.... that’s air conditioning 😊 actually this wall wont be there when its extended so problem solved .

Dont expect fast after pictures as I’m not even moving for about 6 weeks as I have other things going on. I fell in love with this house though its very pretty..... forgot to say my surveyor tells me there is woodworm in the roof beams... blinking heck!

Hi

As mad as a hatter.

You are very lucky to have Mr Summer.

Living on my own I have downsized massively.

I like small houses

I wish you well, it is obviously your thng.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I like the state-of-the-art Status Stores kitchen with the cooker panel fitted so high above the oven that you'd need a step-ladder to turn it on and off.

Judd, wouldn't you get condensation form in those plugs when boiling things on the cooker?

Summer, your new home looks huge.
Lots of potential too.
I hope you're very happy there.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:26 PM

By 'eck, Summer. You don't half set yourself some tasks - you must be a glutton for punishment.

That small radiator in the lounge ain't no use nor ornament.

With a crack like that, you'd best check the footings for subsidence too.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:27 PM

I can see why you fell in love with it Summer

Can't wait to see you put your immaculate stamp on it
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-01-2021, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Judd, wouldn't you get condensation form in those plugs when boiling things on the cooker?

Summer, your new home looks huge.
Lots of potential too.
I hope you're very happy there.
You would. But more importantly, if a pan caught fire, you wouldn't be able to reach it safely to turn it off. That's why you should NEVER put switches above cooking appliances.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
By 'eck, Summer. You don't half set yourself some tasks - you must be a glutton for punishment.

That small radiator in the lounge ain't no use nor ornament.

With a crack like that, you'd best check the footings for subsidence too.

I thought that was a wire running along the skirting board?
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 07:45 PM

looks like you are upsizing to "posh" summer when its all finished, good luck with it, be nice to come round for early tea, toast, butter an marmalade
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
forgot to say my surveyor tells me there is woodworm in the roof beams... blinking heck!
Bleedin hell ... I hope you mean evidence of old and treated woodworm and not untreated.
Even treated can have significantly weakened the roof structural strength .. I know these things having lived in an old converted barn (pig sty actually and that's the truth).

I was told that that if you can fit your fingernail in a crack in a wall it's getting serious. If you can fit the end of your finger tip in..wear a hard hat.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top