Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 03:10 PM

When to read?

I recently posted the Thread 'Easy Walks' on the Exercise & fitness section
It is about RICHARD VOBES, who goes on short, easy walks, chatting & commenting

He also does longer talks from his house
In one of these talks (sorry. I didn't take the reference) he comments that you should only read in the evenings as daytime is too valuable for doing other things

Hmmmm... I go along with that in principle, though I do read in the daytime, sometimes, as well.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 03:30 PM

Re: When to read?

It's not that daytime is too valuable to read, but we need daylight hours for seeing to do other things in a natural light. I rarely read in the daytime as I am busy tending to chores and the like. Relaxing in the evening when all else is done, and I can absorb what I am reading and enjoy the book more.

Do you agree?
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 03:44 PM

Do you agree?

Ordinarily I too most enjoying reading in the evening. However during lockdown I find reading in the afternoon preferable to watching the drivel that TV offers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 04:58 PM

I mostly read when the mood is on me!

A friend gave me a couple of books for my birthday - made a cup of tea - thought I would just read read the blurb on the back of one and have a look at the prologue - three hours later I finished it. It was just so good I could not put it down!

The only place I cannot read at all - is in bed. Never have been able to do that.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:08 PM

Who is this person to tell me I shouldn’t read in the daytime? Try telling that to me, or my sister. We read all the time, whenever we can.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:10 PM

I read a newspaper while having breakfast and a book in bed. I cannot read anything during the day unless it's on my computer screen
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I recently posted the Thread 'Easy Walks' on the Exercise & fitness section
It is about RICHARD VOBES, who goes on short, easy walks, chatting & commenting

He also does longer talks from his house
In one of these talks (sorry. I didn't take the reference) he comments that you should only read in the evenings as daytime is too valuable for doing other things

Hmmmm... I go along with that in principle, though I do read in the daytime, sometimes, as well.

That's my philosophy too, Zuludog. I am not much on television, and find I get a much better movie playing my head as I read than what Hollywood is producing.

It's a little tougher to concentrate on the more scientific reading I have late at night, but better that than waste sunlight when I could be outdoors.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Who is this person to tell me I shouldn’t read in the daytime? Try telling that to me, or my sister. We read all the time, whenever we can.
I don't like being dictated to either, I'll read books whenever I want to, mostly during the day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't like being dictated to either, I'll read books whenever I want to, mostly during the day.
Reading is my life, whatever the season, day, weather. Both sister and I lament the fact libraries are closed for now. We are depending on books we have purchased, Kindle and our library apps. I also have my online newspapers. Love it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Reading is my life, whatever the season, day, weather. Both sister and I lament the fact libraries are closed for now. We are depending on books we have purchased, Kindle and our library apps. I also have my online newspapers. Love it.
I buy books from Tesco & Amazon, the later, older books only available from second hand dealers. I read a lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top