Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Re: new garage shelf

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Never mind the technical details Pixie.

What colour do you want it, dear?
I like technical details...but since you asked, just plain wood and about 4.5ft high. 3 shelves will do for now. I'll paint it myself. Thanks...just drop it off when you have time.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I know! I am taking notes. I do need some shelving but not to fix onto the wall (plasterboard), so something stand alone would work. And lightweight (don't want it falling through the floor into downstairs )
And make sure it has rubber feet for optimum stability.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:28 PM

I like technical details...but since you asked, just plain wood and about 4.5ft high. 3 shelves will do for now. I'll paint it myself. Thanks...just drop it off when you have time.
Width and breadth? What will you be putting on it?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
And make sure it has rubber feet for optimum stability.
Depending on the floor surface, rubber might not be the best option.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:30 PM

Depending on the floor surface, rubber might not be the best option.
My floors are uneven though. I probably need some extendable legs....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-07-2021, 01:34 PM

Width and breadth? What will you be putting on it?
About 2ft deep and 3ft wide? Books on the bottom, plants on the top and no idea for the middle. Probably little decorative baskets for hiding bits and bobs.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:43 PM

My floors are uneven though. I probably need some extendable legs....
Can't you just stand on a box or something?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
QUESTION

Is boltless shelving as strong as is claimed? I have in the past always opted for Dexion, but now I have need for more steel shelving, I have been wondering if the boltless variety really is a viable option to Dexion.
As strong yes but possibly a bit of wobble because the joints aren't clamped together with nuts and bolts. No problem with boltless if fixed to the wall with a few screws.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-07-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Can't you just stand on a box or something?
Ha! For the shelves!! Although I have wondered if practicing with stilts would be a good idea. I could go shopping in peace then, without having to ask supermarket staff to reach things for me.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

02-07-2021, 01:56 PM

Ha! For the shelves!! Although I have wondered if practicing with stilts would be a good idea. I could go shopping in peace then, without having to ask supermarket staff to reach things for me.
These are the ones for you.

Since they're for the trades, technically we're still in the right part of the forum, albeit somewhat off topic.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top