Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:01 AM

Re: Ping-demic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57937342

Some UK food workers to be exempt from Covid isolation

Key parts of the food industry will be allowed to do daily Covid testing from Friday instead of asking staff to self-isolate.

The government said daily testing would be implemented at key sites, such as supermarket depots and food manufacturers.

Close to 10,000 staff at 500 sites in the UK will eventually be affected.

It comes as supermarket bosses warn of severe staff shortages after thousands received alerts to self-isolate.

The new daily contact testing measures will begin at 15 supermarket depots from Friday, followed by 150 depots next week, but it will not apply to supermarket store staff.

It will mean depot workers who are alerted by the app or contacted by NHS Test and Trace will be able to continue working if they test negative, whether or not they are vaccinated.

In a separate development, other key industries will also be allowed to deploy daily Covid testing instead of self-isolation for a limited number of essential workers who are fully vaccinated.

This scheme covers sectors including transport, emergency services, border control, energy, digital infrastructure, waste, the water industry, essential defence outputs and local government.
Will it be enough .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:10 PM

Food exemption scheme delayed until Monday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57937342

New Covid daily contact testing sites for workers at supermarket depots and food manufacturers won't begin operating until next week.

Supermarket depot workers and food manufacturers in England will be exempt from quarantine rules as the government tries to prevent food supply problems.

The government had initially promised to begin testing at 15 "crucial" supermarket depots on Friday.

But the BBC has learned that testing will be delayed until Monday 26 July.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:16 PM

I really don't get it. If certain workers are to be exempt, then what's the point of it in the first place? If someone at my work is pinged and decides to work as normal, they could potentially spread the virus to all other staff and customers. This is very weird.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I really don't get it. If certain workers are to be exempt, then what's the point of it in the first place? If someone at my work is pinged and decides to work as normal, they could potentially spread the virus to all other staff and customers. This is very weird.
I agree - but they all get tested each day, apparently so hopefully the ones who are infected will get sent home....! I don't fancy going into a shop knowing that someone could be sneezing all over my tomatoes
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-07-2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
More shambles from BJ .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree - but they all get tested each day, apparently so hopefully the ones who are infected will get sent home....! I don't fancy going into a shop knowing that someone could be sneezing all over my tomatoes
We have had lateral tests at work for a few weeks now but I don't know of anyone that has used one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2021, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
More shambles from BJ .....
I have to agree.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

27-07-2021, 12:25 AM

More pinged workers eligible for daily tests instead of isolation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57977282

More critical workers will be able to take daily tests rather than isolate when they are identified as a close contact of someone who has Covid.

Some 800 sites are already being set up for police, firefighters, supermarket depot staff and some other industries. The government said 1,200 extra sites would be established, with prisons, waste management and the armed forces among the sectors prioritised.

Daily testing for certain critical sectors in England was launched on Monday as an alternative to self-isolation for some workers. The government has not said how many sites are currently up-and-running but that it expected 500 would be set up this week.
Daily testing was being reserved for BJ and his cronies - yet again, he has been forced to rethink due to another crisis foisted on business and employees .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top