Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 08:29 PM

It is no good

I had to give in and get a new monitor. the one I ordered has 4k.According to all the reviews it is about the best within that price bracket.
ok so which one have I ordered ? this one and should get it tomorrow

DELL U2720Q 4K Ultra HD 27" LED Monitor - Black

Absolutely nothing wrong with my existing monitor but now I have 2 photographic devices that shoot in 4k it seems silly to me not to get the benefit of a higher resolution monitor
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:51 AM

Re: It is no good

I am absolutely disgusted with a company called "Laptopsdirect"
They were contracted by accepting payment to deliver today by way of paying extra for next day delivery.
Just had an email claiming late delivery from their suppliers so it should be here tomorrow. So I demanded the £9.99 back but doubt if that will happen
Don't ever buy anything from them

the monitor is well over £600 not exactly cheap either. They should not advertise something they don't have at the time. this is also in my book illegal.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:50 AM

Re: It is no good

You have my sympathy realspeed.
(Nice-looking monitor BTW.)

Readers might like to know that, given the OP's experience, this company are part of a group comprising (among others) Appliances Direct, Furniture123, and Better Bathrooms - the latter company with which I too had delivery problems regarding a bath not so long ago so it does seem to be a problem across the company's brands.
Basically it took weeks to get a bath delivered which I was promised within a few days; fortunately it wasn't desperately needed.

I know that interpreting company reviews can be tricky, but
FYI Better Bathrooms rates as a paltry 2.2/5 on Google Reviews (a mediocre 3.9 in the less-reliable IMHO Trustpilot), and LaptopsDirect gets 3.9 on Google reviews /4.2 on Trustpilot, but there seems to be quite a few negatives recently.

Here's a bit about the group:
https://www.buyitdirect.co.uk/content/our-story

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top