Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 02:21 PM

Formula E – Diriyah E-prix round one qualifying

After watching F1 for many years and slowly becoming completely disillusioned with it I then found Formula E. What a difference, so much more interesting to follow and far better than what seemed with F1 to be just racing cars following each other round the circuits.

The new season of Formula E is televised tonight on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website, details can be found here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/motorsport/53151859
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:24 PM

Re: Formula E – Diriyah E-prix round one qualifying

Very interesting- thanks for sharing
Might i just add, give F1 a chance this season. Lots of rules and regulations have been effected.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:10 PM

I enjoyed formula E but I think they made a mistake in not letting the drivers jump into the spare car , I thought that made it interesting, I suppose battery life has improved so they dont need to swap over, plus I suppose they can keep costs down by only having two cars instead of four
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:56 PM

a most interesting race series, and much better to watch than F1, but more interesting to watch Btcc, British Touring Car Championship, imo
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
a most interesting race series, and much better to watch than F1, but more interesting to watch Btcc, British Touring Car Championship, imo
Yup, I must try and watch bcc, I always forget when it’s on
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Very interesting- thanks for sharing
Might i just add, give F1 a chance this season. Lots of rules and regulations have been effected.
You are more than welcome Minx. It's been such a long time since I had any real interest in F1 that changes to rules and regulations were unknown to me. Thanks for that information, I will try and find out more about the changes and perhaps have another look at F1
Baz46

27-02-2021, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yup, I must try and watch bcc, I always forget when it’s on
It's not easy to keep up with when BTCC is taking place and is televised, the links below may be of help. The first one is the actual Calendar of races, the second one of the same website gives the televised times. Hope these are of some help to you.

These will definitely be added to my Bookmarks!

https://www.btcc.net/calendar-2/

https://www.btcc.net/btcc-on-tv/
Baz46

27-02-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
Yes, far better and more interesting than F1 had become. However, if as Minx states there have been changes, F1 may be more interesting. If these take away the feeling of just watching race cars follow each other, without any exciting overtaking moves etc., that could be good. It might be worth watching again, just to see what it's like these days compared to BTCC.
Primus1
York

27-02-2021, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It's not easy to keep up with when BTCC is taking place and is televised, the links below may be of help. The first one is the actual Calendar of races, the second one of the same website gives the televised times. Hope these are of some help to you.

These will definitely be added to my Bookmarks!

https://www.btcc.net/calendar-2/

https://www.btcc.net/btcc-on-tv/
Cheers baz I will make sure I tune in
Baz46

08-05-2021, 11:41 AM

For those who may be interested, below are the fixtures for Formula E. As stated on the race calendar, these are subject to change due to coronavirus problems, so worth checking at times to see if anything has changed:

https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/champ.../race-calendar

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top