Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 08:58 PM

Re: has anyone grown cucumbers....

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not sure whether Tit is posh. But some think he is tasty
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 09:25 PM

Another tip, when you bury a body cover it with endangered plants so it’s illegal to dig it up.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 09:57 PM

Ok so the cucumbers have gone from the spare room window sill to the sunny flat roof then to the top of home office chest of drawers (in shade) and currently in the upstairs bathroom which I think is West facing & has blinds. They nearly died on the flat roof this morning.

conclusion : cumbers are fussy about position and don't like full sun! They also respond to being talked to in pleading way.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

18-05-2021, 10:01 PM

You are Prince Charles and I claim my £5
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
You are Prince Charles and I claim my £5
This is a recent thing for me to talk to plants. As in the last two days to be precise I had a chat to the rose bush tonight too asking whether she would be thinking of perhaps having some buds and not just shoots and leaves. I thought perhaps having brought the cucumbers back to life I maybe have access to a green finger communication portal with all vegetation.

I do wonder though how many good folk on here talk to their plants? Soothing words seem to work well with both pets and humans. So why not plants?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:18 AM

Oh I chat to my plants all the time! I tell them what a good job they are doing, and how pretty they look. If I think one is on its last legs, I put it in the best spot I can find, and nurture it with plant food and the radio.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:40 AM

I've never tried growing cucumbers. It's just strawberries and tomatoes so far. Since helping out on the allotment, I find I have developed more interest in growing food. Cucumbers could be next.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

19-05-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is a recent thing for me to talk to plants. As in the last two days to be precise I had a chat to the rose bush tonight too asking whether she would be thinking of perhaps having some buds and not just shoots and leaves. I thought perhaps having brought the cucumbers back to life I maybe have access to a green finger communication portal with all vegetation.

I do wonder though how many good folk on here talk to their plants? Soothing words seem to work well with both pets and humans. So why not plants?
I am more of a stroker and sniffer, I understand that you can be arrested for that but I mean my plants.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-05-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh I chat to my plants all the time! I tell them what a good job they are doing, and how pretty they look. If I think one is on its last legs, I put it in the best spot I can find, and nurture it with plant food and the radio.
Can you recommend a radio station that has a particularly nurturing effect Pixie ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-05-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I am more of a stroker and sniffer, I understand that you can be arrested for that but I mean my plants.
Does stroking and sniffing your cucumber help it grow?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top