Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julia F
Surrey
Julia F is female 

19-05-2015, 04:34 PM

Re: Re-building trust in a relationship

Yes I agree with being distrustful as being a betrayal that can often be too hard to come back from. I wonder if anyone has been able to move on when their partner did betray then and what helped them to do this? Some people say that it can actually make their relationship stronger in the long-run.. ?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julia F ->
Yes I agree with being distrustful as being a betrayal that can often be too hard to come back from. I wonder if anyone has been able to move on when their partner did betray then and what helped them to do this? Some people say that it can actually make their relationship stronger in the long-run.. ?
I can't imagine that as I find it difficult to imagine anyone betraying you in the first place. Their relationship can't have been that strong before, so why would it be after? Maybe others can enlighten you.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 05:14 PM

Of course you can "move on". It's just a relationship breaking up, not a matter of life and death such as fleeing a war with my family or trying to cross the Med in a leaky boat. I'm very pragmatic, like millions of people are, so I didn't need any help getting over it, even though it was emotionally painful for a while. You just say your goodbyes, keep drama to a minimum and get on with the rest of your life.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 05:37 PM

People say Im weird because I call my dogs my best friends..
What can I say? My dogs are always by my side they offer me comfort in my darkest hours and bring me joy on a daily basis.
They have never lied, cheated, stolen or betrayed me. They have never been hurtful or insulting which is more than I can say for almost any human being Ive ever spent time with.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
What can I say? My dogs are always by my side they offer me comfort in my darkest hours and bring me joy on a daily basis.
They have never lied, cheated, stolen or betrayed me. They have never been hurtful or insulting which is more than I can say for almost any human being Ive ever spent time with.
Sad reflection but true in a 'lot' of cases ..........
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Not weird in the least. I've had a dog like that. You can trust them more than people.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 07:16 PM

That old chestnut.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

19-05-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
That old chestnut.
Yes, I was thinking the same ...............
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 08:29 PM

Some people say that it can actually make their relationship stronger in the long-run.. ?
That would be the people who betrayed someone's trust and who are trying to weasel their way back in to the other persons good books. It doesn't fool anyone unless they're desperate - or deluded enough - to believe it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 12:07 AM

Not personally..
Someone I know married very young against her parents wishes, they thought she was too young and her career was just taking off after Uni.
After a year of marriage she moved out of the family home/took a flat/ had an affair with her boss.
It fizzled out after a year and she went home back to her husband.
Twenty years and a number of children later the marriage is strong. I understand the departure and affair was never discussed .
I think the husband was a very wise man , he realised he had pushed for marriage too soon before the girl had time to work out what she really wanted from life and the girl did some growing up.

The husband could have been unforgiving and missed out on having his lovely children and a good relationship.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top