Join for free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 08:12 PM

Islamaphobia

There is a lot on the news tonight about rise in Islaamaphobia.Muslim women were talking about being targetted for abuse,yet they insist on wearing the head covering and veil,saying they have a right to their religion,and that other religions i.e.Hindu/ Jewish ,are not targetted for abuse. What they dont understand is that these religions do not make draw attention to themselves in the way they dress. Jewish men with the long hair also receive abuse ,because they look different.There have been several reports of 'foreigners abroad being arrested because they broke the rule of that Country in their dress behaviour, if you want to live in a different Country you must try to blend in with the natives,and Muslims must understand this,Britain is at war with certain Muslims ,and ,unfortunately , the rest of the community suffers
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:18 PM

Re: Islamaphobia

I am starting to feel ashamed to be British with all the hatred we are now seeing, don't dare dress differently you will be a target, don't be disabled you will be a target, just don't be different at all. Wait and we will all be issued with uniforms so we can all look alike so we don't stand out in any way as different
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am starting to feel ashamed to be British with all the hatred we are now seeing, don't dare dress differently you will be a target, don't be disabled you will be a target, just don't be different at all. Wait and we will all be issued with uniforms so we can all look alike so we don't stand out in any way as different
Well move to the Middle East then and dress English. Preferable a bikini .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Julie I can understand how you feel.
Try not to let how others behave bother you.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 10:14 PM

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 10:30 PM

Fear breeds suspicion, anger and hatred, to be honest you canīt blame people in many parts of the country for being afraid. Regarding face coverings I too think they should be banned, I donīt care what any religion has to say about them, they are intimidating and breed suspicion, other than that I donīt care what anyone wears, but face coverings should go.
I canīt say anything about disabled people being targeted because I have never come across it other than what I have occasionally read in British newspapers.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 10:35 PM

You have to admit these muslim women who wear the Burka do look a bloody mess and in my opinion it should be banned as i think it has been in France.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 07:22 AM

Will people please stop making the mistake of thinking and saying that the head scarf and veil are required by religion..They are not this is a cultural thing.

Women can wear a headscarf that covers their hair and keeps them modest without having to hid under robes and full veil.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 08:16 AM

While that is true religion and culture are so intertwined it's hard for many to separate them. I can't see the harm in dressing moderately and while I don't like covered faces I can't hate people because they feel that is how they wish to dress.

Disabled people are target of many including the government who are all out showing hate and causing such suffering it makes me very sad to see.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 08:18 AM

It wasnīt "people" who mentioned religion Cass, it was me. However there are some muslim ladies, and men, who will tell you the veil is required by their religion, so it matters not whether itīs cultural or anything else, in my personal opinion faces should not be covered.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top