Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 08:20 AM

Re: Islamaphobia

So Muslims don't like Islamophobia? Have they ever thought that the barbarism, intolerance, destruction and slaughter all in the name of Islam might have something to do with it?

Not to mention the fact that they refuse to integrate or adopt the social norms of the countries they have chosen to live in
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 08:26 AM

The problem with that is the Muslims generally don't consider Daesh to represent them or even believe they are followers of Islam in any way. If we blamed all Christians for what the ultra right wing do that would be unfair, if we blamed the atheists for what China and Russia do that would be unfair, we cannot blame everyone for the extreme people, I believe they are murderers and thugs I can't see religion playing much part in their lives, they even turn on each other and kill anyone they don't like. No religion says that is right.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 10:33 AM

Do you think we have a problem with the way they dress or the fact that we cannot see their faces.

We usually can tell by facial expressions what people are thinking and if you cannot see their faces it bodes distrust.

We was recently in Blackpool and their where lots of Muslims with their kids at the beach, they were covered up but was still enjoying themselves going in the water and getting the bottom of their clothes wet. The younger girls, were wearing leggings and a scarf to cover their heads but they were laughing and enjoying themselves. It was lovely to see. I must admit I did sit and watch them for a while, I suppose fascinated.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 10:43 AM

I found an interesting definition of 'islamophobia' on the internet -

“Islamophobia. A word created by fascists, & used by cowards, to manipulate morons.”

As the atheist writer Sam Harris said in an interview,

“Islam is not a race, ethnicity, or nationality: It’s a set of ideas.....
"Criticism of these ideas should never be confused with an animus toward people. And yet it is. I’m convinced that this is often done consciously, strategically, and quite cynically as a means of shutting down conversation [on] important topics.”
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 10:53 AM

So we are to ignore recent pictures of young Muslim woman being knocked unconscious because it's merely criticism of her ideas and beliefs beggars belief what some intellectual types seem to say and believe.

Pure hatred of Mulsims, Jews and anyone different is very often shown these days. I guess Mr Harris lives somewhere safe away from such things.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
You have to admit these muslim women who wear the Burka do look a bloody mess and in my opinion it should be banned as i think it has been in France.
Does anyone dictate to you what you should wear Doc.
You are very quick to pass judgement on others ...
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 11:12 AM

So we are to ignore recent pictures of young Muslim woman being knocked unconscious because it's merely criticism of her ideas and beliefs beggars belief what some intellectual types seem to say and believe.

Pure hatred of Mulsims, Jews and anyone different is very often shown these days. I guess Mr Harris lives somewhere safe away from such things.
In some of the areas of London I know well, Julie, the likelihood of a non-muslim being attacked by groups of young Pakistani or Somali muslims is much, much greater than the other way round.
Having said that, anyone attacking others on the grounds of their race, religion, dress, sexuality etc etc is wrong and should be dealt with firmly and unequivocally by the police.
Unfortunately there will always be a tiny minority of mindless scum in any community who will use any excuse to attack and victimise someone they regard as "different" - ask any young person who identifies as a 'goth' or an 'emo' and they will give you loads of examples from personal experience.

Incidentally, the photo of the young girl being attacked that you refer to was almost three years old but has been used to illustrate claims of a massive increase in anti-muslim attacks in the past 12 months. The attacker was Nigerian in origin, so there is actually a reasonable chance that he was muslim himself. In fact this particular attack was not anti-muslim at all. Ayoade, the attacker has a long string of convictions for attacking people. A year before the attack on the young muslim girl, he had carried out an identical attack on a young african-caribbean girl. Before that he had attacked other people - none of them muslim. His behaviour was not anti-muslim in any way - just anti-people. He was a violent scumbag who didn't care who he hurt and his appalling behaviour shouldn't be used to further a political agenda..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-punched.html
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
In some of the areas of London I know well, Julie, the likelihood of a non-muslim being attacked by groups of young Pakistani or Somali muslims is much, much greater than the other way round.
Having said that, anyone attacking others on the grounds of their race, religion, dress, sexuality etc etc is wrong and should be dealt with firmly and unequivocally by the police.
Unfortunately there will always be a tiny minority of mindless scum in any community who will use any excuse to attack and victimise someone they regard as "different" - ask any young person who identifies as a 'goth' or an 'emo' and they will give you loads of examples from personal experience.

Incidentally, the photo of the young girl being attacked that you refer to was almost three years old but has been used to illustrate claims of a massive increase in anti-muslim attacks in the past 12 months. The attacker was Nigerian in origin, so there is actually a reasonable chance that he was muslim himself. In fact this particular attack was not anti-muslim at all. Ayoade, the attacker has a long string of convictions for attacking people. A year before the attack on the young muslim girl, he had carried out an identical attack on a young african-caribbean girl. Before that he had attacked other people - none of them muslim. His behaviour was not anti-muslim in any way - just anti-people. He was a violent scumbag who didn't care who he hurt and his appalling behaviour shouldn't be used to further a political agenda..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-punched.html
I know what a "goth" is but what is an "emo" please? I am obviously well out of touch but I have no idea what an "emo" is.

Regarding the story which, as you say, is almost 3 years old, as I have said before, you can't believe much of what you read in the press, you really do have to "check behind the scenes".
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Emo's come out of the punk movement so would be styled like them they listen to heavy rock music
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 12:24 PM

I love these social experiments, excellent insight into the character of some people

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top