Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 08:05 PM

T.V Food

Im getting fed up with the amount of food shows there are on Television.We have Great British bake off,The Hairy Bikers, Eat well for less, Food unwrapped,to name a few.Are producers running out of ideas to put on the screen
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 08:13 PM

Re: T.V Food

It all gets a bit overkill in the end doesnt it Deylon?
I must admit that I dont mind some of the foodie shows like food unwrapped and eat well for less I find them enjoyable ...it seems that the programs go in phases of being all food or being all benefits or some other such theme
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 08:21 PM

I get fed up with 'em, too. So much on TV is rubbish anyway now but when they come up with a new show, many are food based - boring!!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 08:42 PM

I find Saturday is the worse day for tv a right load of rubbish.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 12:13 AM

I agree with that Doc, Saturday is a rubbish night on the box.

Deylon, I also entirely agree with you about too many cooking progs.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 12:38 AM

So why watch it, simple get rid of the box stop paying the fee, or can it be its an addiction ?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 06:02 AM

Its seems to be waves of the same stuff. At one point it was back to back make over shows ..Either about clothes or houses. Im almost choking in the dust from all the antique and bargain hunting shows too and now its all you can eat cookery shows.

Why cant they show one of each type, why all or nothing?.. I like a good cookery show , I like a makeover show now and then but not back to back every day of the week ..
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 08:58 AM

A few years ago as digital TV and the increase in the number of channels was being announced, we were discussing this among friends & family, and it seems our thoughts & predictions have turned out right

There is only so much money, skill, expertise, and so on available, so the result is a large number of average quality programmes that are cheap to make - food; property; 'police chase'; antiques; and so on.

There is still good, even excellent stuff out there, but now you must search across several channels to find it

As for Saturday nights, I am a fan of Scandinavian crime drama like Wallander and 'The Killing', and there is a new one on BBC4 - 'Beck'

Speaking of property programmes, doesn't your heart just bleed for those poor people who only have £600,000 cash available, and simply can't find what they want?!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So why watch it, simple get rid of the box stop paying the fee, or can it be its an addiction ?

I didn't say I watched it Nom, you've only to look in the paper or tv guide to see whether it worth turning on or not, some nights are better than others.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I find Saturday is the worse day for tv a right load of rubbish.
Used to be the best didn't it .........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top