Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 09:54 AM

Re: T.V Food

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Its seems to be waves of the same stuff. At one point it was back to back make over shows ..Either about clothes or houses. Im almost choking in the dust from all the antique and bargain hunting shows too and now its all you can eat cookery shows.

Why cant they show one of each type, why all or nothing?.. I like a good cookery show , I like a makeover show now and then but not back to back every day of the week ..
Thats exactly what I think too Cass couldnt have said it better!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 12:45 PM

I like the majority of the food shows and find them more interesting than all the formulaic dramas and soaps .
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 03:12 PM

I love some (not all) of the cooking shows. I do all of the cooking at home and I'm always looking for new ideas and techniques.
My wife and I really enjoy My Kitchen Rules Australia - we've got some great ideas from the dishes cooked on there.
I'm less keen on Masterchef - I'm not one for "fine dining."
My favourite, of course, combines cooking with horrific thriller - Hannibal!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 08:56 PM

I would love to get every 'Celebrity' cook they use on TV and lock them up for six months on bread and water until they learn manners, I can't stand people talking and spluttering over food when preparing it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Used to be the best didn't it .........
Seems to be rather a lot of rubbish on TV, I am watching more of Netflix with excellent quality American series such as "House of Cards" series or "Suits", both absolutely brilliant and able to watch up to 14 episodes at a time if one wishes. I usually watch two at a time. Really enjoyable.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 03:35 PM

Pan fry,oven bake,use extra virgin olive oil with no acidity reading,some eye candy saying this duck skin is so crispy when anyone can see it is not. Reduce down. I am becoming an onion-I am browned off
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Pan fry,oven bake,use extra virgin olive oil with no acidity reading,some eye candy saying this duck skin is so crispy when anyone can see it is not. Reduce down. I am becoming an onion-I am browned off
Ha ha
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 09:15 PM

This side of the pond we are swamped too.

Seems it all started over here with Gordon Ramsey. People enjoyed watching his foul mouth more than watching the food competition. And now I have lost count of the competitions and the general cooking shows.

Before we just had Martha Stewart.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 06:12 AM

Same in Oz. And it's not as if many people actually try cooking the stuff they do. I think I read they did a survey and it was about 13%. I don't find them even vaguely entertaining.

We both like good TV and happy to admit we watch quite a lot, especially in winter, so getting sick of the fare delivered on our Channels we now choose our own night's viewing. We have a "smart" TV which allows you to show YouTube on it and we are still gobsmacked by what is available. For instance, the last few weeks we've been watching every episode of three series of "Potter" with Arthur Lowe, which hasn't ever been repeated here.

My OH spends a bit of time after breakfast, looking at what we can watch and creates an evening's "program" if there is nothing on the channels we have. He generally finds a good documentary, a drama or a movie and a comedy - which is what the channels should do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top