Join for free
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:54 PM

Figheldean anyone?

Does anyone live here, or close by? A friend is moving there and knows nothing about the place, whether there are shops near her new place (Avon Banks) or a decent bus service - she doesn't drive.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:58 PM

Re: Figheldean anyone?

Have you tried Googling it. I am afraid I have never heard of the place.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:59 PM

Yes, but personal experience is so much more useful isn't it? I'd never heard of it either.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 03:08 PM

Perhaps this will help.

http://www.figheldean.org/
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 03:11 PM

When i was looking for some where to move to I used google for all the info i wanted on the place , For instance .
add to name of town , Crime stats , Parish Council , planning applications ,Bus services ,shops ..
From what i found out from this research gave me a window into it ,I was then able to cross off which didnt fit into my dream place ..
You could ask someone who lives local and all they may know is what happens on their street , The village i moved into had 5 shops and the bus service was ok , now there is only 2 shops left and the bus service is almost non .
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 03:31 PM

Oh pure magic, quintessential England at its best. Home of my beloved Chalk Streams and the rise to the fly of trout that lay in their crystal clear waters.
As you like being naked a few places to skiinny-dip.
The chalk streams of southern England are some of the clearest and purest in the country. Percolating up from deep springs, the water remains a relatively constant temperature through the year – so much so that it can appear to steam on frosty mornings. One of the best pools is behind the village church at Figheldean in Wiltshire, not far from Stonehenge. The spring water roars over a sluice, into a pool deep enough for jumping, and then gurgles through white pebble shallows and under a wooden footbridge. There are fine views out over the fields to Salisbury Plain. If you’re in the area and exploring then why not head on to Steeple Langford on the River Wylye. A similar pool by the nature reserve has been popular with bathers for generations.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2015, 04:02 PM

Blimey eccles, why on earth did your friend agree to move somewhere she knows nothing about? Blowed if I would go anyswhere without knowing a bit more about where I was going, incase I made a mistake. Too late to find out afterwards. Hope it works out for her well though.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top