Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2015, 11:28 AM

Re: Naughty vw

Originally Posted by MickB ->
No - we (I) certainly care about the environment. What I am extremely uncaring about are the utterly cynical government/industry policies on "emissions", carbon trading, the ecologically disastrous bio-fuels etc - which are all about quick profits and do zilch for the environment. Gesture politics at its very worst.
Hear hear.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
... What I am extremely uncaring about are the utterly cynical government/industry policies on "emissions", carbon trading, the ecologically disastrous bio-fuels etc -
which are all about quick profits and do zilch for the environment.
Gesture politics at its very worst.
Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear.
Yep. I see.
7 billion humans on this planet, billions of vehicles spewing fumes, thousands of coal-burning power stations, the destruction of billions of acres of trees ...
none of this stuff has any impact on the environment.

And governments really LOVE enacting unpopular measures to counter these imaginary problems thereby costing themselves votes ...

And the vast, vast, vast majority of genuine environmental scientists are all totally wrong.

But Jesus walked on water.

No probs. Gotcha. Now I understand. Thanks.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:12 PM

Well, we've just bought a VW - but with a petrol engine. The insistance on fitting particulate filters and the problems they cause, have put me off diesel cars. I too expect that VW is not unique in fiddling the figures to pass US emission rules. They're just the first ones to be found out.
Remember Seat and Skoda also use VW mechanics.

My Citroen based camper van is diesel because it's mainly used for long runs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 10:11 PM

Yes, particulate filters along with catalytic converters put me off buying another diesel.
My current diesel car has neither of these expensive abominations.

It has a proper, full sized spare tyre too!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top