Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 09:03 PM

Re: More choices for the youngsters

Some do. My daughter married a successful businessman and drives a brand new Range Rover whilst currently looking to purchase a 5-6 bedroom house!

That said, a lot of youngsters are struggling and working all the hours God sends just to pay the bills.

I think in many ways things are still as tough as they were when we were young. I was just lucky that things turned out much the same for me as they have for my daughter, in that I am financially stable for the rest of my life.

I might have a Centurion Card, but it doesn't mean I'm not aware of the struggles young people face these days, and the struggles are very real. They DO deserve much better but how do we do that? Well, the obvious thing is for employers to pay more, but unless it became law, that would never happen. What is the minimum wage these days? £5p/h? Ridiculous. My husband paid much higher wages to his employees back when we had the businesses, and thereby they worked harder than any other employees - making them financially comfortable and us very wealthy due to the service we could provide to customers.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top